A Beautiful Distraction

Comenzar desde el principio

She ends the call and I almost drop my jaw to the ground.

I immediately save her number, press messages, and send her a text.

To: Manoban
You're so bossy.

"Oh my god Jendeukie, you have a freaking date!" she cheers and we both happy jump like teenagers being asked to go to prom.

"Hold on Unnie –" we stop happy dancing and Jisoo looks at me quizzically.

"How did she know where I live?" I ask Jisoo who only shrugs her shoulder.

"She's Lisa Manoban for Pete's sake" Jisoo comments and I only nod my head.

My phone buzzes and I instantly open the message.

From: Manoban
You'll get used to it

Jisoo reads our exchange of messages and slaps me in the ass.

"Stop flirting! Go get your ass ready and make sure to shave!" Jisoo pushes me inside my bedroom.

I scowl at her. "Why do I have to shave? It's a date Unnie, not a hook-up"

I was grinning like an idiot while Lisa and I exchange messages. I never knew messaging would be this fun.

To: Manoban
I don't like being bossed around.
But I'll see you in 7. 😉

"Well, you're Jennie Kim. A hormonal woman" Jisoo blurts out.

"I am not hormonal!" I disagree and stride towards my walk-in closet while she sits on the edge of my four-poster bed.

I smile as soon as I got my eyes on my ALYX black disco dress.

"Unnie, do you think Lisa will like me on this dress?" I show Jisoo the black dress and she instantly gives me a thumbs-up.

"She'll definitely fuck you tonight" she unmindfully comments.

"Yah Kim Jisoo! Stop with the nasty remarks!" I hang the dress, snap a picture and send it to Lisa.

"Don't act so innocent Jendeukie" she says and I roll my eyes.

From: Manoban
Can you wear something less revealing so I can function later?

I giggle at her reply. I find it amusing that I have such an effect on Lisa. It makes me feel confident and powerful.

To: Manoban
You didn't like my dress the last time?

I act innocent and indulge in the feeling that a Lion born to rule like Lisa Manoban can be tamed by someone like me.

From: Manoban
I like you in every dress you will wear but I don't like the idea of anyone seeing what's supposed to be mine. And make sure to wear something underneath. No more running around without underwear.

To: Manoban
Did you keep my souvenir with you?

"Yah, Jendeukie, hurry up and shower!" Jisoo reminds and I immediately obey. I send one last text before heading to the bathtub.

To: Manoban
I like the possessive Lisa. 😊 See you later.

7 PM –

"Unnie, I don't think I can do it"

"Yah! Look at me!" she places her arm on both of my shoulders and I look at her through the vanity mirror.

"You are Jennie Kim! Chanel's ambassador! You can definitely do this!" Jisoo cheers and I simply nod at her.