Chapter 1

Fucking great. Just what Liam needed today. He had just moved into a new place in a really nice neighborhood and decided to go exploring in the forest that was behind his house, but he just had to get lost.

He went out around noon and now it was dark. Liam groaned as he stopped walking and tried to figure out which way he came from. Then, he heard something in the bushes near him. He didn't pay it much mind, that was until it got closer.

He turned to the sound and screamed. He tripped over a root and fell right on his arse. Two big yellow eyes stared at him from the darkness. Liam closed his eyes, sure that whatever animal it was, was going to eat him, but he just felt something cold and wet touch his cheek.

Liam slowly opened his eyes to see a snout in his face. When the animal backed up a little Liam saw what it was. "A fox?" Liam didn't think there were any around this area, and he wasn't aware they could grow as big as this one.

Actually, he didn't think they could. This wasn't a normal fox, if it was it wouldn't be the size of a wolf. Liam glanced around, confused. "Um, hi?" He felt stupid, but what else could he do?

The animal sat down and wagged its tail. "Could you help me get back home?" Again, Liam felt like an idiot, not like anyone was ever going to know he asked a wild animal for directions. "What am I doing? Of course, you don't." Liam sighed as he stood up and dusted the dirt off him.

Just as he turned away the fox bit his shirt and tugged him the opposite direction. "Whoa, hey, stop that." Liam huffed as he took his shirt back. The fox sat down again and made a sound that sounded like whimpering.

"What? You don't understand me....do you?" The fox nodded as its tail started wagging again. "Wow, I must be going crazy. Alright than, led away." Liam shrugged as the fluff ball started walking. It took about twenty minutes to half an hour, but the forest started to thin and before Liam knew it, he was in his backyard.

"Wow!" He was completely amazed. "Hey, thanks little friend." When Liam turned to look at the fox, it had already run off.

Liam shrugged and looked for his keys in his pockets, but he couldn't find them. "Oh, for fucks sakes!" He screamed. Then he heard a jingle behind him. He turned and saw that fox had come back, with his keys hanging from its mouth.

It gave them to Liam and ran off before Liam could say anything. He cocked a brow but shrugged. He opened the back door and walked inside.

++++

Liam hummed to himself as he cut up a fish. Once he put it in the bowl and thought that two might have been better. He quickly cut it up, because he was going to be late for work. He ran to the backyard and placed the bowl at the edge of the forest.

"Watcha doing?" Liam jumped and turned around. His neighbor, Harry, was out. Liam couldn't help but glance at him because he was shirtless. "You're going to attract wild animals that way."

"Oh, yeah, I want to. I know this might sound crazy, but I got lost last night and a giant fox kinda helped me find my way back home." Liam chuckled nervously as he walked over. Harry tensed up and Liam stepped back. He didn't know why but Harry didn't like it when he got close like that.

"Sorry." Liam muttered as he looked at the ground. "Um, don't worry about it." Harry chuckled nervously. "So, giant fox, huh? Doesn't sound crazy at all. I know him. Seen him a few times. He's really nice so no one would really care if you attracted him near."

Liam was happy to hear that, but he wondered why Harry kept glancing behind him like he was hungry. "So, can you tell me anything about him?" Harry chuckled at Liam's excitement and stepped closer. The only time Harry's ever been this close to Liam was when he first moved in a few days back.