(hardware[1.18]);

"Hang on," I said once we were in Bucky's apartment

I kicked off my shoes, pulled my phone out, and called Wanda. On the second ring, she answered with a little excited eee! so I knew she had news for me.

Bucky stared at me in confusion.

"Hey," I said brightly. "I just saw Vision looking like just the happiest synthezoid I've ever seen. So I'm calling to see if maybe you had something to do with that?"

I actually hadn't known anything just from looking at him, but Wanda had already given me reason to believe he might be happy today.

"This couldn't wait?" Bucky asked flatly.

I turned away from him, facing the wall, to listen to Wanda say, "We're engaged!"

"Oh my god, I knew it! Congratulations!"

Bucky scooped me into his arms as I spoke, carrying me toward his room.

"I'm so happy!" Wanda said. "I want a June wedding."

"June? That's a few weeks away."

He dumped me onto his bed unceremoniously.

"No, next June."

"Next June? You don't have it in you to wait that long."

I tried not to get distracted as he discarded his shirt.

"Well, I'm not getting married in the winter!" Wanda argued.

"Okay, jeez," I said as he climbed on top of me, lips finding my neck again. "Well, anyway, congratulations. That's great. Which one of you asked?"

"We were soul gazing with each other, and we said it at the same time."

"Oh, cool," I said, not bothering to ask what soul gazing was, not sure I wanted to know.

"Where are you, anyway?" Wanda asked. "I haven't seen you all day."

"I'm with Bucky," I said. His hands were under my dress, keeping my legs in place around him. I rutted my hips against his and he let out a low groan.

"Ew, why?" Wanda said.

His lips trailed down, teeth tugging at the skin just above my neckline.

"Uh, I think we're about to have sex."

"No! I'm in a fight with him right now. You can't sleep with him."

"Oh, see, I didn't know that. Tell me what's going on," I said. "Wait, hang on a second, Wanda."

I took the phone away from my ear so he could finish pulling my dress off, and then continued. "Okay, I'm back."

"He was waiting outside Nat's door for you all morning. So I asked if he wanted me to bring him some coffee, and he told me to fuck off? That's so rude for no reason."