Anika was waiting for her as she usually did. She gave a kind smile to Victoria before playfully smacking Elodie's neck.

"Mi still cyaah believe seh mi tun uber driver. (I still can't believe that I've become your uber driver.)"

Elodie winked. "You make a great one. Always on time."

"Whateva jankro. (Whatever john crow.)"

Victoria giggled, "I swear I can never understand you guys."

"You'll learn over time," Anika assured. 

She noticed that Chef Moore had made his way to the front and was beckoning for the girls to halt. The friends noticed Victoria's frown and ushered her in the backseat of the car. Anika gave him the middle finger before hopping into the driver's seat. 

"Suh why we vex wid such man? (So why are we upset with him?)" She asked as she pulled off of the sidewalk. 

Victoria's silent tears were her answer.

"Let's take her to that pastry place near the house," Elodie said. 

Anika nodded and sped up, eager to make it before it closed. Within a few minutes, they were sitting in a pastry shop owned and called Andy's. Their table was covered with chocolate, coconut, and now pink champagne cake since that was Victoria's favorite. 

"Fuck the gym!" Anika declared as she licked the chocolate ice cream she'd ordered. 

The girls giggled, "How much is she gonna buy?" Victoria asked. 

"I don't know. The last time we came here, we were ushered out when he was trying to close. I got a feeling we'll be here for a while. So, why don't you tell us what's going on?" Elodie asked. 

The youngest girl was given their full attention. "You can trust us, hun. Howevah, if dah pussyhole deh did duh nuthin mi aguh cut off him cocky. (However, if that fucker did anything to upset you, I'll cut his penis off.)" Anika assured. 

She laughed and wiped her face. "It's a really embarrassing story. Uh, when Chef Moore offered me a ride from the club, we kind of hooked up."

"That was obvious," Elodie teased. 

"Yeah well, he's been cold with me ever since. It's not like I expect to be treated any different at the restaurant. I've worked hard to be where I am and I've never taken any opportunities to cheat my way in for what I wanted. But, I feel like he's working me a lot harder than everyone else... and it makes me feel inadequate. Like, no matter what I do isn't enough for him."

"I've noticed that too. He's being a dick. You need to tell him what he's doing to you."

"You don't think he'll fire me?"

"I don't think so. I've known Mason since college. He's normally a drill sergeant when it comes to people he considers to be talented. But, if he's overwhelming you, you should let him know. Mason's a dick but he can be understanding," Anika assured. 

"Have you guys spoken about that night?" Elodie asked. 

"No, but that's mostly my fault. I woke up before him and sneaked out on him. I've been avoiding that topic as best as I could. He was probably going to bring it up tonight but you helped me escape."

"Why haven't you? Was he bad?" Elodie asked. 

Anika chuckled and even Victoria smiled, "No he was amazing. I just feel awkward about it because he's my boss... and I was a virgin at the time."

"Damn, I get it. But, you can't leave things unsaid. You need to make your feeling about the matter clear or less you won't feel comfortable. You need to be comfortable in your working environment."

"Yea, I know..."

"Alright, we're having a shitty couple of days. So, we should get shitfaced since it's the weekend. Who's with me?!" Anika shouted. 

Victoria chuckled, "I could use a beer."

"Alright, you too, El."

"I wasn't invited before?"

"I mean, what problems do you have? Don't you have the dashing Dalmacio on your arm?"

Elodie blushed, unable to deny it. She'd been doing pretty well in the romance department. She and Dalmacio were still dating two months later. They didn't have a label but she feels great about where they were at. He was committed to this working. He always takes her out on the cutest outings, sees to it that she's feeling good and happy, and he hasn't visited Sinful since he's started dating her according to Anika. It took some time but she was forming a trust for him.

Her phone rang as they made their way to the car. "Speak of the devil," she mused as she answered it. 

"Hello beautiful."

"Hello handsome."

She blushed, loving the sound of his loud, smooth tone. 

"Home already?"

"No, not yet. The girls and I have decided to go to the bar."

"That doesn't sound safe. Anika is a horrible drunk."

"I know, I'm only having one drink so I'll drive."

"Hmm... alright love, be safe. Call me as soon as you get home."

"Always, come over tomorrow ok. I got a date planned for us."

"Look at you taking charge. I'll be there."

"You better. Goodnight."

"Goodnight little one."

She put her phone in her bag and climbed into the front passenger's seat.

"You might as well get a ring and a collar," Anika shrugged. 

"Just drive the car nosey."

That Saturday morning, Elodie was tending to two raging hangovers with a teasing grin on her face. Since the girls did in fact, overindulge in alcohol, she played chaperone and mother for them as she carried them both into the house. They looked absolutely awful with their stained mascara and bedhead. She laughed at them as they groggily took the coffee she made for them.

"I'm never drinking again," Victoria groaned.

"That's what we always say kid," Anika mumbled, eyeing her phone with distaste. 

Elodie noticed that she'd gotten several missed calls, texts, and voice messages from Cecilia. Anika had a sadness in her gaze as she stared at her phone. Still, Elodie chose to bite her tongue. Unlike Victoria, she wasn't the type you could just ask what was wrong. Knowing her well enough, she decided to wait for her to come to her... because she always did when she was ready. The doorbell suddenly rang, pulling curse words from both girls.

"Guh tell whoever ah be fi suck dem mada. (Go tell whoever that is to fuck off.)" Anika groaned, holding her forehead with angry, unshed tears. 

"I think I know that one. That means... fuck off! Am I right?" Victoria asked. 

Elodie laughed and shook her head, heading for the door. I can't believe he's here so early. It's eight in the morning, she thought to herself. Then again, Dalmacio was like that and she loved that quality in him. She quickly wiped her head and pushed her curls behind her ear, eager to jump into his arms and leave kisses all over his face. However, it wasn't him at the door. 

Elodie felt her world crash. The glass protecting her happiness shattered as she looked up and into those familiar, sharp blue eyes. Amadeus was standing at Anika's door, holding a bouquet of red roses in his left hand and a bottle of champagne in his right one. He gave her his signature smirk as she took in her shocked expression. 

"Hey baby."

And that is the end of Chapter 15. Anyways, let me know what you think in the comments section below, and do vote if you enjoyed it. Until next time, my lovelies🏃🏽‍♀️💨