Chapter 15

"

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"

Elodie are your shrimps ready?!" Chef Mason asked. 

"Coming right now, chef!" She responded, carrying the sizzling pan to the pass. 

He quickly analyzed them and nodded his head, "Nicely cooked there, Elodie."

She smiled but knew not to make a big deal about it, at least not in the middle of service. This was one of the busiest nights for the restaurant. She could even see the frustration in the head chef's face. With so many orders coming in, the team would occasionally falter due to mistakes. He wasn't the type to take excuses though so it felt nice to know that she was on top of her station. 

She's been on top of many things for the past two months. She'd been working hard to improve her skills in the kitchen and now, she was looking for apartments near her job with Anika. For the first time in so long, she felt as though her life was on track. She was genuinely happy with herself and far more determined than she used to be. 

"Order fifty-nine coming to the pass!" She yelled, quickly walking up to the front of the kitchen. 

"Cooked perfectly, Elodie."

Chef Moore praised her. There was even a smile on his face, despite the chaos of the night.

In her happy dance back to her station, she noticed that her friend, Victoria was struggling the most with her orders. She was five orders behind on meat, but she wasn't allotted a partner to aid her. She was finished with her orders for the night so she quickly made her way to her side. 

"Need help?"

Victoria released a breath of relief and nodded, "You're a lifesaver, Elodie."

"Nonsense, let's get this done," She said, checking on the meat currently cooking in the oven. 

"Come on Victoria! You're pulling your team back!" Chef Moore shouted. 

She winced at his tone. Elodie understood that the restaurant business required thick skin, but she narrowed her eyes at the man. Victoria was doing her best, and she was normally on top of things. This was just a bad night for her and that happens to the best of chefs. Yet, he was practically breathing down her neck with the harsh treatment. She didn't like it but bit her tongue for now. 

She did her best to aid her friend and by eight pm, service was complete. When Victoria was about to make her way to a corner when she stopped her with a huge, cheeky grin.

"Let's get something sweet to eat." 

"Uhm Chef Moore wants to see me."

"Is it about work?"

Victoria shook her head. 

"In that case, fuck him. Come on," She said, dragging her to the front door.