chap.21 academy and letting go

Start from the beginning

"Kushina..what are you saying? you've been always talking and planning on how to get Naruto back."

"Look at us Minato" Kushina shouted. "Look at whats happened to us since we left him here. Nothing but punishment, latwly i noticed i cant conjure up the chakra chains, then you lose the Hirashin and most of your chakra, and now we've been demoted to chunin." Kushina sobbed into his shirt staining it with tears. "No more, No more Minato, we can't endanger our lives because of him."

"Kushina..." Minato consoled her, rubbing her back. "Your talking nonsense."

"OPEN YOUR EYES MINATO, WE LOST MOSTLY EVERYTHING. IF SUREENDERING NARUTO WILL MAKE THIS GO AWAY SO BE IT!" Kushina screamed till she panted running out of breathe. "Please love, for the sake of our family and Menma's sake let Naruto go. He's happy with Hashirama and Mito lets give him that at least. We have to think of Menma, and prepare him for his destiny."

"But he's my son!" Minato shouted

"He's my son too, but look whats happened. We cant change the past, and we must look to the future. Naruto is the past and our Menma is the future for mankind. I love him as much as you do, and it pains me to do this. But we have to make sacrifices and if i must lose Naruto a second time then thats what i shall do to ensure the safety and future of the human race." Kushina's voice broke in sadness with each word she spoke.

Minato looked out one of the windows and gazed at the cloudy sky. Could he really do it? Surrender his ties to his fromer son? Minato loved his son even after leaving him in Konoha. But did he love him enough to let him go?.

Konoha Academy

Naruto entered the classroom, which were filled to the brim with students. Gazing around he noticed that over 50% of the student body in the academy were civlian born and around 42% were clan born shinobi. He knew that the academic materials used during the reign of the fourth hokage lacked a bit since the old civilian council handled the ciriculum pretty badly. They also removed certain classes that made it easier for civilian shinobi to get into tje shinobi ranks. Male seduction, which was a key element to kunoichi was a critical part when it comes to assasination or intel retrieval. Which was now replaced with a flower arrangement class. Then there was Kenjutsu training which taught many the mastery and skill with a blade. Another class gone due to lack of the art. Assasination training, that was once another key class was now restricted to Anbu and other special ops. Even Medical training was lacking due to lack of funding. All the key classes meant to ready a shinobi for the real world removed by greedy human beings. Luckily his father managed to reinstate the classes. His mom, Mito was in charge on Male seduction, Yugao was in charge of Kenjutsu, Tsunade was placed in charge of training Medics, Orochimaru was in charge of teaching the arts of poisons, and Madara was in charge of Assasination training. Finally Kurama, was in charge of teaching Torture and Interrogation tactics.

"Naruto nii san" Menma yelled waving his hand in the air. "over here."

Naruto smiled and walked over to his brother and greeted him a playful headlock. Menma laughed as he struggled to get out of it.

"so whats my charming, sassy, and overconfident brother up to?" Naruto asked.

"Hey im not overconfident, who do you think i am? Uncle Jiraiya?"

"well" Naruto grinned.

"Don't answer that!" Menma silenced him.

"what? I wasnt going to say anything" Naruto said innocently.

Menma knew that look and tone of voice. He's seen that in his time at the academy in the Fire Capital. He then gave Naruto a bonk on the head with his fist.