She finally turned and I am now facing that picturesque face that I fell in love with. "I'll tell Harry that he sent me mixed signals. But, I think I did too.

She bit her lip as she  lowered her head, hair falling all over her face. "I'm sorry Zayn." 

Reluctantly, I lifted her chin and wiped away the hair that's covering her beautiful face. "Maybe, in another world, we've worked out."

But I didn't stop there. I can't help but be foolish. "But how I badly wish it was this world." 

She chuckled and pulled me in light embrace. She was silent, so I went on again. "Man, I wish I was that foolish when I first saw you." 

I felt her hands run through my hair. I closed my eyes feeling every moment of it. "That girl you met in the interview with Ellen would have loved that." 

She then started to detach from my body which caused me to frown a bit. "But the girl standing in front of you now just wants a curly haired boy to wake up." 

It was like a punch in the stomach and a slap in the face. I have to live everyday knowing that the girl I love loves someone else. I just hope one day, I go numb. 

I heard a growl and it was coming from her stomach. I laughed and she giggled as she was holding onto it. "I think it's time to grab some breakfast." 

For a moment, I thought that this how my life would be. She's going to forget about everything as easy as switching the topic from us to breakfast .. and I'll pretend to be okay with it. 

As best as I could, I formed a sly smile. "Hospital food, yum."

She giggled once more. At least, I can still make her happy. Even for a moment. Maybe, just maybe I can live with that. 

She started to make her way to the elevator. But I felt like I had to ask one more thing, one thing that would maybe make me go on everyday. I catched up with her and just as I was in close distance I tugged her hand, a little to hard perhaps, and spun her around.

"Don't think about Harry for a second. Think about, us. If I had done things differently in the past, do you think that you'll love me like you love Harry?" I asked.

I can tell the sun finally rose as it was hitting her face perefectly. She was glowing, like she always is, but this time more majestic and candid. 

I saw her lips part. "I think that I'll love you with no comparison, with no hesitation and with no boundaries. "

She gave one final smile and turned her back on me, waiting for the lift to arrive. My heart sank down in the deep abyss. Because at the back of my mind, there will always be that thought that if I have had done things differently, we could have had the greatest love of all. 

----------------------------------

I was on Harry's floor, waiting for my cup of coffee from this damn old coffee dispenser. I then looked at the wall clock and saw that only an hour left until the other boys will drop off to keep Harry some company. After getting my bland coffee I paced around the hallway while humming songs to myself.  

And then I heard the sound of rough rolling of wheels coming from behind.

"Move!" A voice hollered.

I quickly did as some coffee spilled on me. 

A team of doctors and nurses passed by with a tray with a heavy machine on it. I cocked my head to the right and saw it was like those machines used to revive patients using electricity paddles.