Chapter 29

AN: I advice you to play the song that on the side while reading this chapter. (there is a part here where you will be promted to play it) I hope it would have the same effect that it did on me (aka as intense devastation and nearly close to sobbing). If you can't play it the title is "To Build A Home by Cinematic Orchestra"

ZAYN'S POV

It has been two miserable days since I was allowed to go out of my hospital room. I wasn't released yet, none of us were. The moment I stepped out my room, I thought I would feel elated, feel free. But as I took my first step, all I could feel was nervousness and grief as I made my way to room 419. It was because I can not face my best lad laying there with the a machine keeping him alive.

I managed to make it to his room. Any other sights inside blurred in my vision, all I could see was him.

He wasn't alive; he was hanging on.

In the room were tons of flowers, balloons and fruits. In the room, you could feel the sense of care for him. As I took another step, my presencse was felt by the other people in the room. Her mom, Anne, who looked tired perked up and pulled herself up from the chair to give me a warm smile and a warmer embrace.

"Zayn. Really -- genuienly glad to see you." She said as she burried her head in my shoulders. I could feel the sleeves of my hospital gown being drenched in hot tears, but I let her do so. She didn't say any thing else after we detached from our embrace. Instead, he stroked my hair, the way mother's do, and she looked at me with those glossy eyes that only had one thing they want to see ; Harry's smile.

When she sat down, I saw another figure in the room wearing a similar outfit of mine. I know who it was in a heart beat. Her back is turned on me as she was facing Harry. She was sitting down, her back hunched a little, her hair into a messy pony tail and her skin pale as ever. As I walked around I saw her frail fingers soothing Harry's immobile ones. I finally got a good look of her face, it looked as exauhsted as it was two days ago. But this time, it was like her soul was gone as well.

For a moment, I wished that that was me laying their unconscious so she'd do the same to me. But I mentally slapped myself, thinking how foolish I am.

Her head shifted to me. "Zayn."

"Audrey."

She put on a weak smile and faced Harry. "Harry, wake up. Zayn is here already." She said trying to smile but tears were tempting to fall down anytime soon.

But Harry just laid there, with the beeping of the monitor as his only response. At least, he was still responding. That, I was thankful for.

I grabbed a chair and sat across Audrey. I studied her face, as she was studying Harry. It was full of longing, desperation and it pained me to see it.

I looked at Harry. "Buddy, it's only been two days but .. " I paused to choke on my tears. " .. I fucking miss you like hell."

A chuckle accompanied by a sign of sobbing escaped from Audrey.

I faced him again. "She misses you, so bad."

From the corner of my eye, I saw Anne standing up and answering a call outside of the room. That played good in my favor, for now, infront of Audrey and Harry I can finally say it.

"I -- I know you can hear me. And I am sorry that I am only telling you this now. Now when .. " I can't even continue that sentence as I hear Audrey sob by his side, listening to what I had to say to his boy.

"Harry, you need to wake up. If not for me, if not for the band, please do for this amazing girl who is by your side. She could have chosen anyone in the world, and she chose you bud. You." I said. I don't know where this is coming from, or where I had the courage to tell him this