𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐓 the training area at the same time—crack of dawn

𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐓 the training area at the same time—crack of dawn. You had tied your hair into the same high bun, you saw Levi leaning against the wall.

"You finally decided to come?"

"I was coming already." You said with an eye roll.

"Respect your captain brat."

"Who are you to call brat? Mind you, I handle all the medical service of survey corps now. If I wanted I could just watch you bleed to death? How does that sound?"

"Sounds perfect to me."

You scoffed. The two of you walked to the locker rooms, where you guys left your gear. Today you will be meeting your new teammates. Training with Levi was about the same as yesterday, you had to use the odm gear, slicing napes of the titans, then hand to hand combat with Levi. Sometimes, he would help you carefully position while other times, he would just tell you, letting you fix your own mistakes. But he always finds a way to make unnecessary comments.

You two finished off training then packed everything away, heading towards the meeting spot. When you arrived, everyone had already sat down, it seemed like they already knew each other well before you. You did feel nervous, the butterfly aching inside but you always meet new people, this is what your job had been for the past god knows how long, it's now your specialty. You didn't spend the years at the infirmary for nothing. As you gave yourself a small confidence boost, you and Levi walked over to them.

"Hello, may I ask, are you all my new teammates?" You asked.
"Yep! You must be the new cadet right? It's so nice to meet you, my name is Petra, I hope we can get along." A female with blonde hair said.
"Its nice to meet you too." You said and shook her hand, the leather wraps against her skin.

She seems to notice but doesn't pay any special attention. You were grateful to her. 

"I'm Eld."
"I am the one and only Oluo."
"The name's Gunther."

"Welcome to the squad. Or should I say, welcome back." Petra said.
"It's my pleasure to be honoured back." You answered and shook everyone's hand.

"Alright let's throw a party for our new comrade yeah?!" She exclaimed as she wrapped her arm around you, giving you a bright smile.
"Who said you could decide?" Levi interrupted, walking over to you guys.
"Please captain-"

She was cut off, her arm fell of your shoulder.

"If you don't want any punishments then you better shut."
"Sorry captain."
"Don't be such a party pooper." You said and nudged Levi in the arm.

Everyone's face was shocked, mouths gaping open, no men or women has ever dared to speak in such informal speech towards Levi, though you probably had guessed that's why everyone was so stunned. Little did they know what role you impacted.

"Shut up meat bun."
"What the hell is up with that nickname? First brat now meat bun? Honestly it does not sound the worst..."

You noticed Levi's glare and immediately you zipped your mouth.

"Alright team, now you have meet you new candidate, we can be dismissed, throw a party or do whatever shit you want but don't drag me into this. And make sure this place stays clean." Levi informed and turned to leave.
"C'mon, please stay." You said. "Aren't you even going to welcome your new comrade."

Silence passed before broken by; "Do not ever call me your comrade."

His tone was sharp and cold, it was unlike all the other times, he is quite closed off from everyone but never have you seen him in such state. Perhaps you hit a nerve. It is too silent now, the trees had stopped swaying, the bush had stopped rustling and the wind paused, as if frozen in time. As if they were all listening to what you were going to answer with. Like the gods watching your decision. All eyes were on you, waiting,

"Sorry, have I misspoke and spoke about situations that is not to be brung up?" You asked, slowly and calmly, hiding the fear that you might have chipped a little of Levi's trust in you.
"You...you have misspoken, all of you dismissed. Goodbye." He finally said after a pause of time.

Everyone scattered away, all too scared to say anything. You were about to go away, then suddenly, you felt guilt placed upon you, you weren't sure why but you felt like you needed to confront Levi, you feel as if the apology before was not enough, and so, you went back to Levi, who was now all alone on the bench.

"Hey Levi just wanted to hop by and say I am deeply sorry. I hope you accept this apology true from the heart." You said.
"Whatever, it was nothing, don't think too much on it."
"Yes captain."

"Wait." He said just as you were about to leave. "You haven't chosen a horse yet have you?"
"I have not."
"Go on, choose one." He said, getting up.

He led you towards the shed.

"Here."
"Thanks."

You glanced around, horses of all type, brown, black. You spot one at near end, with body of melted chocolate brown under sunset. Eyes of darkness, like a void that you could get trapped in. Hair of dawn honey dew and ash brown and a white stripe-like shape in the middle of its face, like a pathway of light. What a majestic horse. The moment you looked at it you felt that was the horse you are picking.

"This one." You said as you walked up to it.
"She's a feisty one but incredibly agile. See how you go." He said and carefully opened the door, while you got the saddles and everything ready.

You stroked her forehead in an up and down motion, making no sudden movements that could alarm her. You placed all the equipments on and hopped on, giving a couple laps around the shed outside.

"I'm surprised you even got far with her. Are you keeping her?" Levi asked as you got off the horse after a few jumps and runs.
"Yes, do I name her as well?"

He nodded his head and packed away the stuff. You gave this a hard think.

"Fawn, Fawn will now be your name."

Fawn nuzzled into your hand, almost like it understood you and agreeing with the name.

"Why that name?" Levi questioned.
"It's meant to represent the colour but it sounds lovely too."
"Your horse, not mine."
"Anyways, thank you for today Levi. I'll be going. Enjoy the rest of your night."
"Bye."

Petra, Oluo, Eld, Gunther, Fawn and the word comrade. These thoughts stuck to your head like glue, especially the word comrade. Maybe it was the way Levi completely angered in front on your eyes with one single word. You do wonder, why he has such resent to a word. Just a word.

bleh ew