Chapter 1: manhunt

The thick rain slipped through Dreams soaked hoodie, causing his mask to fog and blur over and over again.

It was 5:47am in the village of Northaelen and Dream was being chased. He had just escaped from the orphanage no little then two hours ago, and there was already a small bounty on his name.

It's not like he was important or anything, he was an orphan after all. He had been for his whole life. It was time he escaped. 17 years was more then enough in that prison-like place.

probably just Techno... I don't get why he loves orphans so much—but one things for sure; if I get caught, there's no way I'm getting out alive.

Technoblade was the 'master' (as they were supposed to address him) of the orphanage, no one knew why, but he had an unhealthy...connection with orphans and it could sometimes get out of hand.

Dream shook his head, trying to focus on not dying. As he channeled all of his energy into his legs. There were three men chasing him and Dream did not like that one bit.

"OH DREAM~" they yelled, dragging out the 'Dream'. He didn't dare look back, but out of the corner of his eye, he could make out one person; Sapnap.

Sapnap was not one to mess with. He would steal everyone's toys and would be especially mad if he saw an animal toy amongst them. Dream thought it was funny as he worked for a feisty pig.

Sapnap and BadBoyHalo were the top of the orphanage's security guards so Dream guessed Bad was chasing him aswell. He was disappointed as Bad had always been nice to him and gave him a muffin when Dream was sad, but nevertheless, Bad wasn't any less a threat. He'd seen him throw knives and shoot guns; his aim was lethal.

This is a fucking manhunt—my god, someone please help me.

Dream hoped someone heard his little prayer even thought he didn't even say it out loud. He looked behind him once more, and almost yelled. The three guards were caching up fast.

Dream quickly took a sharp turn into a small lane, and then twisted up the narrow brick roads, cutting through the small shops and into the alleyways. Dozens of people screamed and dove out of the way as to not get hurt or worse.

By then it was nearing 6 am and only Sapnap was left chasing him. Dream knew Sapnap was smart and could guess his next move befor the man knew himself. Either way, Dream kept running and running. His legs felt so numb and tired and he was sure he had a broken arm, but he kept running.

Dream turned a sharp left and ran straight into a dead end. He stopped running.

Fuck. I can't believe after all that—after all that, this is how I die.

Sapnap was now walking slowly towards him, with a small dagger in his hand, "hey Dream..." he grinned, "any last words?"

A tear slipped down his cheek and pain crashed through his body, as the adrenaline slowed down. He couldn't defend himself. All he had was a fork.

No. Dream, no. Do not cry. Stay strong. Show Sapnap that you're not afraid. Beat him up. You have big muscles and a fork for what? Showing off to tommy? Yeah right. All he cares about are his discs...but Sapnap took them, then I did...I wonder if tommy knows...

His thoughts were interrupted by Sapnap again, "Dream. Any Last Words? Because nows your last chance...speak now, or forever hold your peace." Sapnap grinned even bigger.

But Dream was paralyzed. He couldn't move. No matter how hard he tried. He just accepted it. There was no way he could escape. At this point he was just trying to see how much longer he could live for.