Boggart Catastrophe

Atlas POV

Classes were going slowly, and with all the talk of Sirius Black, I was already sick of this year.

At dinner, everyone was finally talking about something new. Draco 'almost got killed' by a hippogriff. In reality, he only got a scratch on his arm for being an idiot. But, his father's still pressing charges. It's utterly ridiculous.

While everyone is focused on their food, I head down to Hagrid's hut to meet the hippogriff.

Hello. I greet him

Who are you? He asks me

My name is Atlas. I just wanted to talk to you about what happened earlier. Are you willing to do so?

I guess. My name is Buckbeak. How are you able to communicate with me?

I have a familiar bond. With a Niffler. His name is Bandit. I pull Bandit out of my hoodie pocket and hold him in my arms.

Hello. Bandit greets.

Hello, little one. So, you wanted to know what happened?

Yes. If you can.

You have shown me no disrespect, so I shall tell you what happened. The one Hagrid called Harry had just gotten off me from our ride and he started to talk to Hagrid. The blond child strutted up to me while insulting me drastically. I only scratched him. I was just trying to get him to back away.

It's ok. I'll see if I can figure it out, ok? But you have to trust me.

I can do that. Please, don't let them kill me.

They won't touch you.

I hold Bandit tightly and walk back up to the great hall. Just as I walk in, someone from the Gryffindor table shouts, "He's been sighted! He's been sighted!"

"Who?" Ron asked.

"Sirius Black." Whispering erupted throughout the hall and everyone crowded around the newspaper the Gryffindor threw on their table.

"Dufftown? That's not far from here." Hermione says

"You don't think he'd come to Hogwarts, do you?" Neville asked.

"With dementors at every entrance?" Someone asked.

"Dementors?" Seamus began, "He he's already slipped past them once. Who's to say he won't do it again?"

"That's right. Black could be anywhere. It's like trying to catch smoke. Like trying to catch smoke with your bare hands." One of the Gryffindors said.

I quietly, walk up behind Oliver and wrap my arms around him, seeking comfort. He turns slightly and pulls me into his lap. I tiredly lay my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes.

The next day, Gryffindor and Slytherin 7th years had DADA together. Ollie and I entered the room to see a large cabinet in the center of the room. I edge my way to the back of the students, pulling Ollie with me by our joined hands.
"What is it?" Ollie asked me.

"A bloody boggart. I'm not doing that again."

"Again?"

"When I was little I found one hiding in Sev's house. It shows you your worst fear."

Professor Lupin then walked into the classroom. "Intriguing, isn't it? Would anyone like to venture a guess... as to what is inside?"

I raise my hand.
"Yes, Mr. Bates?"