e l e v e n

TW: Mention of death towards the end of the chapter

(I'll let you know when it starts/ends in case you want to skip)

**

Pierre and Annabelle walked into the paddock in Belgium together. It was Saturday and time for qualifying.

The pair weren't officially together but decided they were exclusive after having the most amazing date in Bologna. They didn't hold hands in attempt to not attract any unwanted media attention.

"Are you watching from Charles' garage?" Pierre asked her.

She nodded, "Yes. I thought it would make him suspicious if I watched in yours and I'm not ready to tell him yet. Plus, I haven't seen him in a few weeks."

They stopped walking as they got to the Torro Rosso garage. "Okay, mom amour. See you later."

He gave her a huge and a quick, discreet kiss on the cheek, making her giggle as she walked to the Ferrari garage.

When she entered the garage, she noticed Giada at the back and went up to her. "Hey G."

Giada smiled at her, "Hi! So, tell me everything." She said, wiggling her eyebrows.

Annabelle immediately knew she was referring to Pierre, causing her to blush deeply.

"He kissed me."

Giada gasped, clapping her hands together. "Finally! How was it? What happened? Are you together now?"

Annabelle laughed at her eager, "Calm down, Giada. He took me to see the sunset and then kissed me. Then he took me on the most amazing date in Bologna. We're not together, we'll we basically are, but just not officially."

Just talking about it made Annabelle want to skip down the entire paddock, she was so happy.

"That's amazing, Annabelle. I'm so happy for you both. Have you told Charles?"

Annabelle bet her lip, "No not yet, I'll tell him eventually though."

Giada nodded, "Just don't leave it too late, because I think he would annoyed if he was the last to know."

"I won't, don't worry."

Annabelle and Giada cheered in delight as Charles achieved pole position for Sunday's race. It was his first ever pole and Annabelle was beyond proud of him.

Pierre didn't do so well, not getting into Q3 and qualifying 16th on the grid. Her heart sunk when she saw the result but she was so overwhelmed but Charles' result.

Charles eventually made his way back into the garage after doing all his interviews and press. Annabelle ran up to him, jumping into his arms.

"Well done! Well done!" Charles grinned, spinning his sister round.

"Merci, Belle. I'm so glad you're here to see it."

Charles made his way over to Giada who congratulated him. Annabelle took this opportunity to go over and find Pierre.

She walked down the paddock to the Torro Rosso garage. She presumed he would be in his room at the back.

She knocked lightly, "Yes? Come in." Pierre's voice immediately made her heart rate quicken.

"It's me." She made her into the room and Pierre met her eyes, smiling instantly.

"Bonjour Bella." He wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her into a soft kiss.

"Bonjour. How do you feel about qualifying?"

He sighed, "Not great. But it'll have to do, I guess. It just feels weird to be in a Torro Rosso car after so long."

She sat down next to him, placing her hand on his knee, "I know, but you'll soon adjust back. You've got the same team you've always had, it will be nice to have some familiarity, no?"

He nodded, "It will. Thank you."

He took her hand and kissed it softly, causing her to giggle.

"You're so soppy." She grinned at him.

"You want me to stop?" He got up, pretending to walk away before she grabbed his hand and pulled him back down.

"I never said I didn't like it."

He smirked, kissing her once more.

TW

The pair made their way down the paddock on their way to the Torro Rosso hospitality. There was a lot of commotion and everyone around seemed a little panicked.

Fabiana Valenti, Torro Rosso's press officer rushed towards the pair as soon as she spotted Pierre. "Pierre. There's been an incident."

Pierre looked confused, furrowing his eyebrows, "What's happened?"

"It's Anthoine, he's crashed. It's bad."

Pierre's face fell immediately and Annabelle knew something was wrong.

"Bella, you go back to my room. I'm going to find out what's happened."

Annabelle didn't know what to do, "I'll come with you."

Pierre shook his head, "No. You wait there, okay? I'll come and find you later."

She waited in Pierre's room, her leg shaking in anticipation for his return. It was now 7pm and there was no sign of him.

Moments later she heard the door open and she stood up at once. Pierre immediately started to cry, sobs escaped his mouth as he fell to his knees. Annabelle knelt down beside him, letting him fall into her arms. She could only presume the worse.

"He is dead."

Her heart broke into a million pieces and tears threatened to spill from her eyes but she knew she had to remain strong for Pierre.

She allowed him cry as she cradled him in her arms, rubbing his back soothingly. Pierre was deeply shaken by the incident, his breathing very fast and panicked.

She stood up to go and get a bottle of water from the fridge but Pierre grabbed her arm, "Don't leave me, you can't go."

She sat back down, placing a kiss on his temple, "I've got you, Pi. I'll always be here, don't worry."

END OF TW

**

The thought Charles and Pierre racing the next day made Annabelle beyond nervous. The minute silence for Anthoine was grief-stricken but everyone came together to celebrate his career.

Charles finished the race in P1, it was such a bittersweet win for him, the first of his career. She knew he wouldn't be able to celebrate it, understandably, after such a horrific weekend.

Annabelle watched as Charles was awarded his trophy on the podium. He raised a finger to sky, dedicating his win to Anthoine and she couldn't be more proud of her brother.

**

RIP #AH19 ❤️