Chapter 1

"Katski, could you please hurry up." Akitani Mikumo nagged as he stood next to his oldest friend at his locker. Katski took his time putting books away in his locker, changing his shoes and saying goodbye to his other friends that went in the opposite direction after leaving school and it always took a painfully long time. Mikumo didn't understand the appeal of having all these friends. Katski tried to explain to him one time that life is just better when you have lots of friends supporting you and that Yamikumo could really use some of that. "All might's special is on tonight so we gotta go now if we don't want to miss it."

Katski sighed. "I don't know Yamikumo, I've got homework to do. I like All might just as much as you but I think I should just watch the recorded one after I'm done it." He said after finally finishing at his locker. The pair exited the school together as they always did.

"It's due tomorrow morning there's no way in hell you haven't done it yet." Yamikumo said, shooting him a glare.

"Well sometimes I'm not perfect but rest assured that I will be one day. What about you? You never do homework and you know if you want to get into UA you're probably gonna need to. You have a great quirk don't get me wrong, the whole fire thing is great but grades play a part too you know." Katski finished with a smirk. Yamikumo pouted and mumbled something along the lines of 'I'll be fine' but Katski couldn't really hear it.

They continued walking home at a steady pace and having a conversation about the fight Yamikumo watched this morning with Mt. Lady and Kamui Woods against some purse snatcher. Katski said he wished he was there so he could have seen her in a fight. She was a new hero and he already had a bit of a crush. "I'm going to buy some snacks at the convenience store, wait for me?" Yamikumo asked, stopping outside the store but Katski had already begun walking away. "Pleaseeee?"

The boy stopped after a moment and spun around, thinking before answering. "I'll wait here but be quick." He said and moved to the edge of the sidewalk to be out of the way. Yamikumo smiled at him and entered the store. If only Katski knew this was the last time he'd see his best friend alive, maybe then he would have refused to wait and dragged Yamikumo away or possibly have reminded his friend he might be late to watching the All Might special or maybe even gone in with him to protect a him but how could he have known, that's not how death works.

Yamikumo went down the snack aisle and picked up his favourite brand of chips. He had just enough money and he didn't mind spending it because one of his parents were giving him his weekly allowance the following day. He wasn't paying much attention to his surroundings as per usual but a man raising his voice at the cashier drew his attention. He was curious or maybe just nosey, always was and honestly who wouldn't be in a situation like that. That curiosity was quickly turned into a mixture of fear and shock. "The fuck you mean you can't open the cash register without a purchase being made?" The agitated man asked but didn't wait for a response, instead he continued to yell. "I'm robbing you so either I put a bullet through your stupid fucking scull or you figure out a way to open that piece of shit up."

Yamikumo could see the cashiers hands shaking. The cashier looked up when he heard Yamikumo's hands accidentally crunching the chip bag which also proceeded to catch the attention of the man with the gun and his head swivelled quickly. "Ah perfect, a customer with a purchase." The man with the gun smiled devilishly and took a few quick steps towards Yamikumo. The man grabbed the teen's wrist, giving it a quick pull making him stumbled towards the checkout and the section of his black but in the sun a deep purple colored hair covering his eye flew away from his face. His face blanked and then turned into a scowl, how dare this total loser robbing a store put their hands on him.

He wasn't having any of this so he yanked his hand out of the mans grasp. "Actually I don't really want to buy anything." Yamikumo said in a snarky tone. He was being ridiculous and foolish, did he not process the fact he was disobeying a man with a weapon. The man and the cashier looked shocked at Yamikumo's confidence. But the loser robbing a store quickly snapped out of it.