Snape's Daughter: Prologue:

Big big shout out to MayaDemonAngel for her hard work on a truly amazing cover for this story. I appreciate it so much and I hope you'll all take some time to look at her profile, check out her Severus Snape story and get her help on some of you own covers! You honestly won't regret it 😍😍

[[ATTENTION PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE STARTING THE BOOK: okay so I was young and new to writing when I wrote this. little to no plot, plot holes, and a lot of errors is what you'll find in this trilogy of books. I apologize in advance and will rewrite it as soon as my schedule permits.  so please forgive me for any mistakes, errors, and unresearched pieces of material that you find in here.
ALSO There is now a prequel to this story called White and Black but dont read it until you've finished the first book in this trilogy (aka this one) because spoilers]]

Edited Prologue:

You would think a life of living on the streets would be awful. It would be nearly hopeless. You'd be right. At fifteen, I don't remember much about my life before the streets. I know that my parents called me a freak, and beat me constantly.  I remember that at age ten, I had run away, only to be caught one week later and sent back home. For two years, I stayed with my parents, being abused. I couldn't say anything, even if I had wanted to. I was mute. But once I was twelve, I tried to run again. This time, I succeeded.

For the last three years, I've been here. Stealing food, or money. Sleeping in alley ways, bathing in streams or lakes, whatever body of water I can find.  I'd been so long without the daily life necessities that I'd begun to lose my sanity and all that I had known of myself.  Now I barely knew who I was.

Who am I, you wonder?  I am Lillith Deacon, and this is the story about how I met my father, Severus Snape.

---

I laid in a field of wildflowers. It was completely dark, a few stars shone through the clouds as I stared serenely up at them. The moon seemed to be staring down at me, silently watching over my tiny, unimportant being.

The beat of wings broke the quiet as a rather large bird flew over my head before circling back and landing near me. An owl. Beautiful and almost majestic, if it hadn't of tripped as it walked over to me and had to beat its wings some more in order to stay standing.

It's pale brown feathers glistening in the moonlight.

It hooted at me softly, and I noticed a letter attached to its slender leg. I knew that I shouldn't open it, I'd gotten the same letter every year around this time for the last four years, this being the fifth.  I grabbed the letter anyways, despite my conscience telling me otherwise and unfolded the lightly yellowed paper.

It had my name at the top meaning that it was for me, which I already knew and it mentioned being invited to a school called Hogwarts. Something about a platform nine and three quarters. It was the exact same thing it said every year.  I flipped the paper over, taking the worn, chewed on pen that I always kept behind my ear out before writing the same thing on the back of the paper I had the previous four years.

I'm very sorry. I have no idea what you are talking about. I've never heard of Hogwarts, or Platform nine and three quarters. I cannot attend your school, even if I did know what it was, as I am no witch or wizard or any sort of magical being. 

I reattached it to the gorgeous owl, and watched as it took off into the dark sky rather messily, as if it hadn't quite gotten the hang of flying just yet. Immediately, I missed the birds company, it had been so long since I'd had any interaction with anyone at all that I found it ridiculous I missed an animal I'd only had in my presence for less than ten minutes.

I was so tired of being lonely, having no friends. I desperately wanted a pet, as all teenagers did but I knew I wouldn't be able to care for one, I could barely care for myself and even when it was just me, there were days where I'd have to go without food.

Speaking of food, I realized tonight was a Saturday night, which was always a great night when restaurants would throw out all kinds of leftover food. Quickly I stood up and began to walk over towards town, where I was sure to find all sorts of delicacies.

I checked everywhere, grabbing up whatever food was right on top and didn't look rotten.  As I was walking, I noticed a very old man, walking towards me. He looked fragile, with a beard at least a couple of feet long or more, and bright eyes. Even in the dark you could see that he smiled often by the crinkles around his eyes and mouth. I was just going to ignore him, but right as I was walking passed he stuck his hand out to stop me.

I looked up at him, confused. Why did he stop me? I watched as his eyes scanned over my malnourished body before he settled on my curious, cautious eyes.

"Lillith Deacon?" The elder man asked, his voice soft. I simply nodded my head, refusing to talk or pull out my trusty pad of paper that I kept just for instances where people decided to stop me and talk to me.  I wanted to back away from the strange man who knew my name, he could have been dangerous but.. he didn't look all that dangerous, he looked old and as if he wouldn't be able to hurt a fly.  So I stayed. 

"My name is Albus Dumbledore, Lillith.  I am the headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.  You've denied our invitation for years, and I've come to talk you into joining our school for the most talented children known to mankind.  Tell me, Lillith, would you consider my offer?"

I nodded warily, knowing if he was serious that a school would be a place to have a warm bed and enough food to make me fat.  But perhaps this was simply a joke, and he was really here just because someone paid him to be.  Any moment now, he'd start laughing and yank the fake mask off of his face, showing him to be a normal teenager who just wanted a laugh at the 'freaks' expense.  Or he'd grab me and take me back to my parents..

"Lillith. Would you like to come with me? There are a lot of children just like you who can do magic, so many more. You'll learn how to control your magic, just like everyone else and be in a school full of children just like you." The old man asked, looking into my eyes.  They twinkled slightly but even with how close we were, I couldn't see the colour of them. 

I thought on his words.

I could make friends? I wouldn't have to be lonely anymore. Thinking on it a few more moment, I then came to the conclusion that I'd give him a chance, the most he could do is humiliate me... and so I nodded.

"Why don't I go with you to explain this to your parents." The kind man smiled slightly, the corner of his eyes crinkling. I shook my head vigorously, while pulling out a pen and my small notepad.

[I won't go to my parents, I ran away, I wont go back.]

I put the writing in front of him, and watched as he read it quickly, his twinkling eyes skimming across the dirtied paper.

"Can you speak Lillith?" He questioned. I shook my head, writing as I did.

[I'm Lily. Not Lillith, and I don't talk]

Albus Dumbledore simply nodded his head slowly, not questioning the fact that I said 'don't talk' instead of 'can't talk'. 

"Come, Lily. I'll bring you to Hogwarts. School doesn't start for another month, so I shall use that time to find you a parental figure who can teach you all you need to know before the semester begins." Albus Dumbledore held out his hand, which I slowly took. I was frightened, to say the least.  What if this was all some joke, and later he would hit me or something. What if my parents hired him to find me, they thought I was a monster, did he think that too?

"Lily, we're going to apparate as close as we can to Hogwarts. I understand that you've never done this before, but all you have to do is hold onto me and do not let go."

I nodded to let him know that I understood before wrapping my hands around his arm, holding tight and squeezing my eyes closed. True, I didn't know what would happen, but I had a feeling that this was the best way to 'apparate', so I went with my natural instincts. With a loud pop and the feeling of being pulled threw an extremely long and thin tube, I could tell that we had gone.

[[A/N: Dumbledore reminds me of a pedo here, but Im OOC (out of character) when it comes to him and i can't get Dumbledore correct so just ignore that fact.]]