"He looks like the Downworld's David Guetta." Clary comments making Izzy laugh.

"Guetta's already a Downworlder." She sees Clary's confused expression. "Vampire? Ever seen him in the daylight?"

"Can you two focus? This is not a joke." Alec says, very annoyed.

"Someone needs to gets slayed." She says looking around making Alec tense behind Alisha slightly.

"Alec's right. Now, Magnus is one of the most powerful warlocks I've ever known. He has a deep mistrust of Shadowhunters." Hodge says and looks at Alisha who nods.

"Well, how come he and Alisha are friends? And why did he help my mom remove my memories? Isn't she a Shadowhunter?" Clary questions.

"Yes, one of the best. But 'help' might not be the most accurate word. Now, did Magnus provide a service for Jocelyn? Perhaps. But more than likely, your mother paid Magnus handsomely for his magic." He states and Clary nods slightly but you can tell she's still confused.

"Warlocks usually require payment before they help anyone with anything." Jace explains to Clary.

"Word from the Clave is that most of the warlocks have gone into hiding since Valentine began hunting them." Alec informs.

"It's true, they all are hiding in some lair." Alisha adds.

"Valentine must be searching for the warlock, where did Jocelyn—" Hodge's circle rune burns and Alisha steps forwards, helping him stand.

"Hodge, your rune. You okay?" He nods at Clary and stands straight but Alisha doesn't let go. He smiles reassuring at her and she steps away slowly. "So how do we find Magnus?" Clary asks.

"We don't. Magnus finds us. We'll set up a meeting, somewhere protected. Lure him out of hiding." Jace states and Izzy smiles stepping off of the table she was sitting on.

"And I know exactly where we do it." She comments and grabs the tablet from Hodge. She swipes through some picture and stops at a VIP party for Downworlders.

"A Downworld rave. Nice, Izzy." Jace compliments with a smirk.

"And where'd you get that?" Alec asks his younger sister.

"During my surveillance of the Downworlders. From what I hear, Magnus likes to party." Isabelle says looking at the Lovota's.

"This I can confirm." Jason says with a smirk.

"He'll never go for it. Not with Valentine trying to kill him." Alec says.

"Of course he will. He'll blend in. Hide in plain sight." Jace objects.

"I don't know, it seems—" Izzy cuts Clary off quickly.

"Trust me. If Magnus is coming out of hiding, he's going to one of the biggest parties of the year."

"Never underestimate Magnus' hedonism. Or his greed. Come with me." Hodge says and activates a rune on a tile on the ground, moving the tile. A necklace with a red stone is hidden under it. Hodge picks it up.

"Is that real?" Isabelle asks whilst Alisha examines the necklace, feeling like it's familiar.

"A four-karat, unheated Burmese ruby. And this necklace has special meaning to Magnus Bane as it was a gift from him to his then lover, Camille Belcourt." Hodge states and Alishas eyes widen in realisation.

"What, Camille and Magnus were lovers?" Clary asks.

"Warlock gets around." Jace comments slyly making Jason nudge him in the ribs, hard.