•6•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 2 ~ Tʜᴇ Dᴇsᴄᴇɴᴛ Iɴᴛᴏ Hᴇʟʟ Isɴ'ᴛ Eᴀsʏ

★ ★ ★

Once they get to the City of Bones, Simon stops under a bridge and everyone gets out quickly. The hybrid stretches her legs because they feel stuff after the long drive. Jason looks around, trying to find any danger, not wanting his siblings in trouble.

"Yeah, this place isn't creepy. Not at all." Simon says looking around.

"Don't tell me you're afraid." Izzy says flirtatiously and Simon shakes his head.

"Are you kidding me? I was born afraid... which sounded a lot better in my head." He says and Alisha snorts.

"Sure it did mate." Jason says to the mundane who glares daggers at him.

"Let's check it out." Alec says mainly to Izzy and Jace. Izzy follows after her brother and Clary begins to follow the two but Jace stops her.

"Wait here a minute. I wanna see if it's safe." Clary nods and Jace walks off. Alisha stands away from Clary, Simon and Jason feeling like somethings off. She looks around for something or someone but doesn't succeed in finding anything. Isaac walks over to his sister and stands beside her. Her older brother watches his sisters and brothers actions carefully, making sure they don't leave his sight.

"Why are we doing this? We don't even know these people." Simon says to Clary and Jason.

"Hey. If something goes wrong... if something happens to her, that's on us. You know that, don't you?" Alec says to Jace and Izzy.

"Yeah. And you know exactly what'd happen if Valentine gets the Cup before we do. She's lost everything, Alec. I know exactly what that feels like. And what's your problem with her, anyway? Your family always used to welcome strays." He states and Alec shakes his head.

"You were never a stray." He states and Jace sighs.

"The point is, nothing's changed." He looks to Izzy and then back to Alec. "We're in this fight together. There's just... one more of us."

Alisha begins to walk away from the van, once her brother went back over to Clary and Simon, smelling something dead but is stopped by Jason's arm gripping her wrist. He looks at her and she sighs, not smelling anything anymore.

"You okay?" He asks his sister and she nods.

"Yeah, just thought I smelt something." She says and the two walk back to Clary, Isaac and Simon.

"I just wish my mom had trusted me enough to tell me about all this." Simon looks like he disagrees. "What is it? What's wrong?"

"How are you not ultra freaked out by all of this?" He asks his friend who just sighs.