A Secret Part 11

"Lari?" Callum asked as they walked back to his room.

"Yes?" She responded, tilting her head and looking at him. 

"I need to leave," Callum informed her. "Rayla must be worried sick and my brother Ezran, and Amaya needs me to help with the ship and-"

Lari cut him off, a finger to his lips. "Oh, Callum." She smiled sweetly. "I don't think you understand. You can't leave now."

Callum looked confused for a second before the confusion turned to determination. "No, I need to leave." Lari sighed, shaking her head. 

"I was afraid of this." She smiled sadly. "At least you're death will be helpful."

Callum opened his mouth but Lari snapped and guards swarmed them, grabbing onto Callum. He struggled, eyebrows drawn in confusion. 

"Lari?! What the seaweed?!" Callum cried. Lari sighed. 

"Callum, you don't understand. You can't go back." 

"Why?!" Callum demanded. 

Lari smirked and circled the boy. "You see, a mermaid test isn't as simple as that. You'll have to get an object to win."

"Okay? So we'll get the object." Callum responded and Lari cackled. 

"Oh, no-no-no. Callum, the object is the king's trident, and whoever wields it has all the power of the seven seas." Lari explained.

Callum blanched. "Then- what will happen to Rayla?!" He struggled against the guards again, this time harder and they gripped him tighter. 

Lari examined her nails as if she was bored. "Die I guess. Nobody's ever failed a mermaid test." Callum's mind raced. 

"Then what do you mean by 'my death will be helpful?'" He asked, stalling. He needed a plan. 

Lari giggled. "The king trusts me with his life. All I have to do is tell him you've escaped to help Rayla get the trident and he needs to prepare to attack. He'll leave the trident and it'll be mine!"

"That's not going to work!" Callum yelled. 

Lari smirked at him and gestured to the guards. "I already have everybody on my side."

The guards pulled Callum away as he struggled violently. "You won't get away with this!" he yelled as the door shut. 

"Oh, but I already have." 

BOOM LOOK AT ME, FINALLY UPDATING!!!! *Snoopy happy dance* Geeeeez, I'm so sorry guys XD I apologize a million times. This story took a huge turn gosh dang- anyways thanks for seeing me through this mess, ILYYYY!!!!! Cya in the next part ;)