Confused Part 4

Rayla awoke, her hand off the side of the hammock. She sat up, yawning and felt a stir. She looked down to see Callum, sitting next to her, holding her cold hand in his warm one. 

He moaned softly and cracked his eyes open. "Hey Rayla..." He murmured, pulling his hand away to rub the sleep from his eyes. "You feeling better?" he asked.

"Yeah... what happened last night?" Rayla couldn't remember much. 

"You started screaming and crying and then passed out." Callum responded. 

"Oh..." Rayla blinked. "Okay." 

"Are you okay?" Callum asked. "You really freaked me and Amaya out." 

Rayla smiled and kissed his nose. "I'm okay. Although a swim would be nice." Callum smiled. 

"Then lets go!" 

~Later~ 

"Cannon ball!" Callum yelled jumping into the water and creating a splash. Rayla smirked from the deck. 

"Oh please!" She said. "Watch this!" She dissapeared from Callum's view and then she jumped off the deck, doing three front flips before slipping under the surface in a dive. 

1 second. 

2 seconds. 

3 seconds. 

4 seconds. 

5 seconds. 

Callum slowly started to panic. 

And then Rayla jumped out of the water, her tail thrashing powerfully behind her. She dove back into the water and then reappeared next to Callum's side, laughing. 

Her eyes were clear, her cheeks were rosy, and her hair was flowing around her, coral and sea weed tied into the little braids that littered her hair. She was beautiful.

Callum couldn't help but lean forward and steal a little kiss from her pink lips, laughing when he pulled back. 

"Oh you wanna play dirty?!" Rayla asked, accepting the challenge. She dissapeared under the waters surface again. She popped up, kissing Callum's cheek, then dissapeared again. Callum turned around, still trending water. 

"Hey!" He laughed. 

Rayla popped up again, giggling and kissed his nose before letting the water hide her again.

"Rayla~!" Callum whined. "Your a mermaid, you have an advantage!" 

Rayla giggled under the water and tugged on Callum's ankle. Callum yanked his leg back and turned again. Rayla then came up again and kissed him, staying up longer than she had before. 

Callum made a little noise of surprise but kissed her back. 

Until he was yanked under the water. 

Rayla gave a little gasp when Callum dissapeared so quickly. "Callum?" She asked, looking around. "Callum?!" She called again, more panicked. She looked under the water and saw Callum being dragged down. 

His eyes we're wide and he reached out his hand. 

Rayla lifted her tail and slapped it against the water, propelling herself downwards to get him. However even as fast as she was, Callum was already gone.