13. that was so cheesy

Megumi wouldn't call himself a 'clean freak'...

...But Yuji's room was a disgrace.

Fine, maybe Megumi was a bit more on the compulsively organised side but surely no one would call whatever this storage room was a livable space.

The first thing he noticed was the pile of clothes on the strategically placed chair in the middle of the room and guessed that was what Yuji used to pile his dirty clothes.

But then he took in the whole room and realised that there were clothes everywhere. It was hard to tell what was used and what was clean and honestly, Megumi didn't exactly find the idea of smelling random clothing to differentiate - very appealing.

The bed was made, but that was all the credit Megumi could give Yuji. The room was much fuller and more decorated than Megumi's, posters plastered on almost every inch of the wall, from sports to random female celebrities, poorly drawn drawings (including a couple of caricatures of Gojou and Nobara that Yuji and Megumi drew that one time Yuji bought an edible from some sketchy guy in Tokyo) to different anime characters (a lot of Naruto and oh no - Kakegurui)
Different mangas, randomly stacked on top of each other on his desk, crumpled papers tossed on the floor near the trash can (shots Yuji provably missed when throwing from his bed) and his baseball bat and different sports gear were hung on the rack that Megumi himself used for his hoodies.

Megumi noticed that one of the desk legs was shorter and crooked so Yuji used their 'Origins of Jujutsu: The Basics' textbook to support it (of course he did) along with 'Arithmetic: It's Easy!'. To add to the whole aesthetic, there were mugs and water bottles on each surface, the projector on his bedside table (that he would bring over to Megumi's for their sleepovers) sat on top of a pile of different film cases.

Another thing that Megumi noticed was the abundances of cacti (or is it cactuses?) on the window frame. Figures that the only plant Yuji would keep would be the one that doesn't need any attention and is least likely to die.

Actually, Megumi didn't have complete faith in that either so he stepped over the heaps of clothes and-

Nope, it's not fake.

Yuji, ever the optimist.

Megumi sighed and picked out some random underwear and socks he found folded in the mostly empty drawer and decided it'd just be best to lend Yuji some of his own stuff than risk giving him something used and crumpled.

He locked up, picked out the first (but arguably most comfortable) outfit he stumbled on in his room and darted towards the infirmary.

The white strobe lights flickered slightly, illuminating the hallway and nauseatingly reminded Megumi of all the times and nights he spent here. Really, if you wanted to put into numbers the amount of time Megumi spent in this place, then all of Megumi's adolescent years until now - it must be around three months all together.

The boy was just really unlucky and settled into being the one to take the fall in a fight for the sake of the group (although, let me remind you those odds have recently and gloriously - changed, after Megumi's little feral fight sequence the night the trio killed three S-grade curses), so walking down the poorly lit hallway (seriously, what does all that Jujutsu High's funding go to??) was all-to-familiar and Megumi didn't welcome the wave of memories flooding over him.

The first thing he noticed was that Yuji wasn't in the room alone. The room was occupied by other two figures deep in discussion, one Ieiri-san, taking Yuji's blood pressure and facing one, seemingly serious, Gojo, both focusing their attention on the pink-haired teenager on the bed.