Trouble

((Background))
Ever been to a town that you feel you'll go insane of you stay too long? Harville is like that, the kind of town people want to escape. It's just too small. Everyone even went to the same school! But I think that's why dad moved us here, to escape the big town rush kind of life.

Dad figures that if Ziva, my little sister, and I stay closer physically that maybe we won't fight when we're adults. I mean, we're as close as we can get! Well I've got news for dad, he's wrong. You can't exactly stop the future from happening and if you try to change it, it could make it worse.

Ziva Marie Donner. That's my sister's full name. She looks kind of like me, except she has long red hair, got that from mom. Ziva is fourteen and she loves swimming and horses. Not to mention soccer, pink, and anything else a sporty girly-girl likes.

Dad is tall, forty two years old. He only has his two daughters, me and Ziva. He has blonde hair and is very.. Stubborn.

I'm Kerry. The only one sane enough in the family to actually go out and buy food since dad would rather be sleeping on the couch or eating french fries. I'm surprised he hasn't gained five thousand pounds!

Anyways, we've lived in Harville ever since mom disappeared. Kerry was four and I was seven. It's been ten years since then but still.. Even I think of how mom would've hated Harville. I don't remember much of mom; she was always smiling, loved being in the ocean. I guess that's where Ziva and I get it from. That's all I remember, and it's not too bad. All Ziva remembers is how mom hugged. But Ziva was only four, there's not much to remember.

Hey, it's better than nothing!

~~

Monday morning..

~~

Monday morning, Dad slept on the couch, his day off work. The town was so small that there were no school busses. Everyone knew everyone and nobody kept their secrets safe.

I gave Ziva a breakfast cereal bar and had one for myself. We ate as we walked to school that morning, we left late, no time for eggs or biscuits with gravy. She wore shorts long pants and her pikachu hoodie. Thirty degrees out and she didn't even bother with a hat! I wore long pants, a black hoodie, and a bumpy brown beanie I found on eBay.

The wind started to kick up and I saw some kids leaving the school grounds.

"What's going on?" Ziva looked at me, her right arm wrapped around my left side for warmth and her other hand blocking the wind from her face.

"I don't know." It was true, I didn't know, but it was strange. "C'mon, let's go check it out." I pulled her to a teacher telling everyone to leave. "Um, excuse us, but what's happening?"

"Just go home, there's a bomb threat and we need to keep everyone safe." She shooed us away. "Go!! Don't just stand there!!"

We ran towards home, following the crowd in that direction.

"Kerry, get down!!" Ziva pushed me to the ground.

When I landed, I rolled down a hill and all of my books went flying info Carter Lake. I was about to get up when Ziva came rolling towards me with her books held tightly to her chest. Luckily for her, I broke the fall and ended in the lake for her. She tossed her books against a rock and swam in the lake to get me.

"Don't move." She whispered, looking behind me with her eyes big as saucers.

"Oh this is ridiculous!" I slapped the water around us, making a splash and turned to face a giant dog. Or wolf or whatever. It must've been four feet tall paw to shoulder. I heard Ziva scream and run behind me, probably running for home. I stared at the creature before me.

"You just made this my most exciting swim." I whispered towards the wolf under my breath. It licked it's nose and slowly turned to walk away.

When it was out of site, deep into the woods, I grabbed Ziva's books and walked home. I smelled like lake crap water and looked like a hot mess.

My left wrist was throbbing all fifty shades of blue and purple. It swelled so badly I thought it would explode.

I got home to Ziva in clean clothes and a very angry dad.

"Where the hell..??" His eyes screamed 'run' and his voice said 'stay'. I was clueless.