Love smiled, closing the door behind her and leaning against the wall. "Then I'll just wait here."

We resumed our dance lessons. Bridge turned on the music again, before tucking the remote to the pocket of her coat. Nobody watched me practice before, and I felt rattled all of a sudden.

Bridge had noticed this, and said in a low voice, "That's just one audience and you're fretting."

"This made me even more nervous for tomorrow."

"Try to relax. You're doing great, Georgiette," Bridge said to me. Thanks to Love's presence, I momentarily forgot how exhausted I was feeling. I focused on not making a fool of myself instead.

When our practice had ended, Bridge dismissed me and headed to another meeting. I took off my heels and bare-footedly walked over to Love. I used to glare at her a lot or just ignore her. She used to do the same thing. And now, we weren't doing that and it was really annoying how stupid it was making me feel.

When no one was saying anything, I said, "Thanks for what you did."

"I told you, I was on your side this time." Love rolled her eyes. "You didn't believe me."

"Gee... you really have to roll your eyes?"

"I'm used to it," she admitted sheepishly. "Growing up is the culprit mostly."

"You can also thank your chosen group of friends," I added.

She fiddled with her nails. "I barely heard from them since graduation."

"That was fast."

"Except for Lilian. She calls sometimes. In fact, she'll be home tomorrow to watch your coronation," Love told me.

"Really?"

"We'll be coming together. She wants to congratulate you personally."

"She didn't have to, but I appreciate it."

"So... congratulations?" Love said after a while, offering a hug.

"Thanks." I took her up on her offer and hugged her back. I never thought I'd be doing this again. But I also never dreamed of becoming a princess, and here I was.

After pulling back, she extended her hand. "Friends?"

"I don't think this is a good idea." I faltered.

Love didn't believe me for a minute and took my hand in hers. "Let's try again."

"You would insist this anyway, even if I would say no."

The lines on her face eased. "I'm just glad that the past is behind us now. I'm really sorry for everything I did to you in high school. And for that Robin thing. Did you hear that he was hospitalized?"

"Pete told me about it."

"It's just a minor accident," she said. With a complaining tone, she added, I'm so ashamed to admit that I lost my best friend because of that asshole. When I look at him now, I seriously have no idea what we even liked about him."

"I think it's the hair. We thought it was cool," I filled her in.

Love laughed. "But I'm happy for you. You've found a great guy, and he's in love with you in every way. I tried talking him out of it, you know? Told him stories when we were young and how you liked wiping snot with the edge of your shirt. And when your shirt wasn't enough, you'd wipe it with anything you'd get your hands on."

"Okay," I said slowly, "I take it back. Let's stop being friends again."

"Just kidding." Love liked her arm with mine.