8: A Moment In Time

Start from the beginning

Death is absolutely inevitable, for you don't know when or how it can take place. It has to come one day for all. But your life being taken so abruptly hasn't been a wish for many. Sam was quick to catch on the pale look on the girl's face. He turned her head so she wouldn't have to witness the terrible scence anymore. The smell of blood lingered in the air, making everyone scrunch their faces in disgust and pity.

Norman placed a comforting hand on Emma's shoulder. He shook his head in a glum way when her forest green eyes met his blue ones. Emma wiped her tears with her white coat, stitching her brows together, determined. After everyone recomposed themselves from the sudden scare, they faced themselves to the Mothers and Sisters.

Emma smiled gratefully,
"Thank you Mom, and the Sisters too."

"We only did what we wanted to do. Now you're going to the human world, aren't you? You need to hurry." she spoke softly.

Emma smiled at her,
"You should all come to the human world with us, too."

She sighed and shook her head disapprovingly,
"We can't go with you. We want to stay and do what we can. I appreciate the offer. Have you forgotten? We don't have the right to-"

Ray cut her off,
"Get over it already. I'm not letting you off the hook by dying. You were sick of this, right? If you have regrets then live and take care of them in the human world. I'm glad I'm alive. It's because I'm alive that I can atone for my sins and clear my conscience. It's okay. No one is holding grudges anymore. So let's go, all of you with us."

"Let's go!"

"Yeah, let's go Mom!"

All the children beamed at her, full of hope to have their only mother back.

"Come on, Mom." Gilda smiled softly while Don chuckled lightly.

She put her palm across her mouth in disbelief as she started to tear up,
"Why? How could you forgive me?"

Emma looked at her lovingly,
"We couldn't forgive you for a long time. We didn't understand. You were our enemy and we had to defeat you. But once we got outside, all we remembered was how kind you were. After thinking about it, we could finally figure out why. It's because your love and kindness were all genuine. We still love you, after all. No matter how many times we were betrayed, and even if you can't forgive yourself... to us you're our only mother. So let's live together, Mom."

"Mom!" the kids huddled around her and gave her a warm embrace as thick tears streamed down her face.
"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! Thank you, everyone."

Sam nudged Y/n,
"Don't you have something to say?"

She turned to him as she put the back of her hand to her mouth,
"I might end up crying in front of everyone..."

He gently squeezed her hand,
"It's okay... Most of them will leave in sometime anyway... But if you don't want that, then that's ok, I know you'll be able to keep your composure...."

Ray who was witnessing the scene that laid in front of him, scrunched his face as his throat felt dry all of a sudden. He disliked what he was seeing in front of him, oh how he wanted to tear his gaze away, but for some reason, he was meant to look at it. For maybe preparing him for the future? Or perhaps it's life testing him? Testing his love that he believes still exists. He wanted to interrupt them but he knew better than that.

Y/n slowly made her way to Isabella and squatted near her, not meeting her eyes that were examining her in anticipation. She gently took a hand of hers and enveloped it in both of hers.