𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙀𝙉

Start from the beginning

"I think the only person who hates this plan more than you is me," Brett muttered as he set down the bucket on the roof.

"I doubt that," Dax muttered from his spot inside the house.

"Just throw it?"

"Hopefully with good aim. You can sense the difference. Take a moment and you'll be able  to feel it."

Brett took a deep breath. He waited a moment before he launched the smoke grenades. Once he started two vampires appeared on the roof. They had used a tree to get up. Brett could hear Dax coming up the stairs. 

"They sent a human out here?" The male vampire scoffed.

"And we thought they were smart," The girl laughed.

"Not quite," Brett smirked. He slashed at one of the vampires.

He scratched the woman's cheek drawing blood as he kicked the male back a bit. The woman landed a punch to his nose. Brett felt it break and his eyes began to water. His vision blurred as he continued to fight them off. He struggled as they were a lot stronger than him, and before long his slashing stopped working, and the male bit into his neck. Brett cried out as the man spit out his blood and began to scream.

"I don't appreciate people I care about getting hurt," Dax said as he sent a glare at the two vampires. They lit on fire and fell to the ground from the roof. Brett looked slightly shocked. Dax grabbed Brett and pulled him inside. He shut the door and replaced the spell at that exit. He sped Brett into his room, "You stay here," He said as he watched Brett's wound begin to heal.

"I'm okay."

"No. Your part is over. You can't fight vampires that way older than us."

"And what are you doing?"

"Finally giving them a reason to fear me," Dax answered before he walked out of the room, "Apné sà mene," Dax said as the room sealed from the house. Brett began yelling for Dax to let him out as Dax walked away. He beat on the invisible barrier he had set up.

"Forgive me," Dax muttered as he made his way down the stairs. Dax took a deep breath before stepping outside where Bash had been slowly picking off the werewolves.

"Congrats. You've successfully pissed me off," Dax growled as he held a hand out in the direction of the vampires.  All of the vampires fell to the ground and screamed as they held their heads. The witches went to run, but Bash began to take care of them one by one, "Uncle Lincoln, is that you?" Dax asked with an insulted look.

"Stop this, Daxton. Your father wouldn't have wanted this," Lincoln responded as he looked around at all of the vampires who were still screaming.

"He wouldn't want you to attack his son either."

"Looks like we're both about to disappoint him then."

"Good thing I'm not the one going to see him," Dax glared as Lincoln's bones began to snap. Bash ripped out the man's heart and Dax had to blink away his tears. Dax closed his eyes as he focused, "Lux eum."

The vampires that had been on the ground holding their heads were now burning to death. Their screams filled Dax's ears. Dax bit his lip as he looked at the damage they had caused. That was the opposite of everything he had wanted. He wanted people to accept him, not fear him, but after that night, he was beginning to think that wasn't possible. He balled his fists as he struggled to keep a lid on his emotions.