Chapter 3

GUYS, I WRITE THESE FOR AO3 MOSTLY BUT I FEEL BAD FOR YOU SAD PEOPLE WHO DO NOT UNDERSTAND THAT WEBSITE SO I POST THEM HERE TOO PLEASE GOD LEARN HOW TO USE AO3.

April 13th, 1962

Washington Monument

A few days had passed, since Erik and Charles had spent almost twenty-four hours rounding up as many mutants as possible all over the country. At the end of their mission, they managed to create a team that would hopefully work.

Erik ran through all of the pros and cons of each person that he and Charles had recruited to their little mutant division.

Angel Salvadore who they had picked up at a strip club in northern Florida seemed to be thrilled to finally have an escape out of her life. She had what one would say fairy wings which initially were tattooed on her body, but became real wings when she commanded them too. She also could throw acid spitballs out of her mouth. On textbook, she seems like the perfect contestant for taking down Shaw. However, she can be immature, selfish, and too competitive.

Armando Muñoz, the oldest of the mutants that Charles and Erik had recruited at twenty-six seemed to always be there to lend a helping hand. His mutation made it possible for him to adapt to any situation. Not very good for the offensive, but best for the defensive aspect.

Alex Summers only seventeen was what one would call a recluse. When the whole gang of mutants would hang out together Alex would stand off to the side. His powers seemed to be some sort of Atomic blast. He could not control it very well.

Sean Cassidy a sixteen-year-old kid who barely looked fourteen was the youngest of the group. He could replicate sound waves with an almost deafening sort of noise. He was naive, too young, and very immature.

Raven with the power to shapeshift into being whoever she wanted was too insecure in herself to develop her powers further. She seemed to be too distracted with her newfound puppy love for Hank rather than focusing on the Shaw matter.

Hank McCoy was a genius at only twenty years old. It seemed as though his mutation allowed for him to always be the smartest in the room, but also to have some rather interesting-looking feet. Hank hated Erik. Not that Erik cared.

Charles Xavier, like the rest of the group, was too naive in the matter of trusting the government, but what Erik had learned about him in the last week or so is that he can be trustworthy.

The two men were sitting on the steps of the Abraham Lincoln memorial soaking in the last bits of sunlight of the day. Their current game of chess looked to be a losing battle for Charles.

It made Erik a tad bit uncomfortable being in D.C since that meant his children were so close. He hoped that Shaw would not find out about them if he did, Erik shuddered at just the thought. He never wanted his kids to go through what he was put through.

Charles interrupted Erik's train of thought by breaking the silence, "I can't stop thinking about the others out there, all those minds that I touched, their hopes, their dreams, their fears, I think this is the start of something incredible", Charles said. Erik had become accustomed to Charles's belief that everything would work out perfectly fine in the last week. "We can help them", Charles said once again.

"Can we", Erik asked. Then continued, "Identification that's how it starts then it leads to being rounded up then experimented on", Erik said. He knew how this worked and how it usually ended for the different groups.

"Not this time, we have common enemies, Shaw, the Russians, they need us", Charles replied back

"For now", Erik said.