Warm Late Nights

"HOST HES UP" I yelled. The small broken boy we brought in, eye lite had just barely opened. When I yelled he flinched. He covered his head with his arms and curled up. He began sobbing uncontrollably. Host had figured out the boy had to be still a baby bones, a badly abused one at that. Seeing what I'd done I smiled warmly and wrapped my tentacles around the small kid. I cooed to it and let it chew nervously on my tentacles. I held him close while waiting for my host.
Host burst through the door panic in his eyes. Which softened as soon as he saw me taking care of the child. I curled around the baby on me and host's bed. Host climbed up beside me and began healing the boy again. He flinched away and cried. He was terrified and would cling to anything he could find comfort in. Host had given him a cookie and he ate it quicker than a dog.
Finally my host asked "Who are you little guy?"
He looked up at host and shook his head. "I'm nothing." Those words broke my heart. This little boy which shouldn't have been this broken, he was just a kid!
I could see Host felt the same as I did when he leaned against my shoulder and cradled the boy with me. "You're not, no one is" I said in my deep voice. I was scared my voice would frighten him. But he acted like it was a message from an angel. Smiling tearfully up at me. I kept seeing Host in him. Having a flashback to the rainy day that he and I had the same conversation.
It was snowing wildly outside now. Wind howling, and walls creaking. The boy clung to us both and whispered his true name. "S-Sans" he said. I CHECKED him and read his file. He was from Horrortale which I knew was an awful place just by the name.
What sick bastard would put a kid there.
Host spoke sofetly "he can stay with us right Neg?" I nodded "welcome to our little family kid" I huskily whispered to him. Since it was cold we curled up together with the toddler. 
Our little kid, now nothing would dare hurt him again. We stayed up late just enjoying the other presence and staying warm under a pile of blankets. Host had made warm soup to help Sans adjust to eating. And some warm milk for him to help grow stronger.
Meanwhile me and host drank dark rich hot coffee with some Irish cream to calm our nerves. For the first time in weeks we all got a good nights sleep.