× twenty-two ×

Comincia dall'inizio

They learned from Taehyun that all of Seoul was now under the control of Kim Jennie, the trueblood, so they had to be extra careful once they got off the train. What they didn't count on was that Jennie probably had people not only in the city but also outside, because as soon as Taehyung's feet hit the pavement, a dozen armed wolves surrounded their small group.

"Kim Taehyung, the trueblood," one of them said, aiming her spare at him. Taehyung wasn't exactly surprised that they got busted. He probably would've been more shocked if everything went smoothly. "What business do you have here?"

The trueblood tapped the spare with his finder and slowly pushed it out of his face. Now, he could take a much better look at the young alpha. She was pretty and she seemed to be quite powerful but she was definitely not Kim Jennie.

"I'm here to speak with you leader." He saw how the wolves looked at each other in confusion. Of course, they won't let just anyone into their domain just because he says he has to talk to the Head Alpha. However, Taehyung was a bit of a special case, which is why Bae Hyungsik sent him - because he was a trueblood himself. They didn't dare attack him. "In piece."

"Our leader does not wish to mix with the Southerns," the female alpha from before said. Her gaze moved away from Taehyung and settled on Jungkook. "But the Luna is quite eager to meet you so I guess we can make an exception."

At first, Taehyung thought it was only strange to him, but later in the car, Yoongi also mentioned the admiration with which Jungkook was treated. Growing up in the Jeon pack, they weren't used to this, although in the rest of the world, it was common for omegas to be treated as treasures. Especially male omegas, who were even rarer than truebloods.

The wolves loaded them one by one into a car and drove them across town to their pack house. Unlike Taehyung's pack house, which was a simple wooden building in a secluded spot in the forest, Jennie chose a much flashier headquarters in the middle of the city. Taehyung was speechless at the sight of the huge palace.

"Changgyeonggung palace. It used to belong to the Joseon Kings," the female alpha said. She sounded rather proud with a faint smile on her lips.

"This Jennie knows how to choose a house," Yoongi whistled in respect, also amazed by the architecture. 

Once they got out of the cars, they were led to the main building. The palace was huge, and Taehyung temporarily forgot that they were in enemy territory. Luckily, Jungkook was there with him and kept an eye on the wolves around them, who led their small group straight to a hall that might once have been the king's throne room. 

Sitting there was Kim Jennie, the Head Alpha of the North. 

Arriving in the room, Taehyung's attention was redirected back to the right path, the pheromones emanating from Jennie immediately guarded his brain.

Jennie was menacing as she sprawled on her golden throne before them, looking very amused. A sick grin decorated her oval face as she squished her already narrow eyes into one line.

"You actually came." She didn't speak loudly, yet her voice filled the entire space, Taehyung saw from the corner of his eye that Taehyun shivered.

Taehyung wasn't sure what she meant by that, but he didn't really care. He came here for a reason, and he was about to bring it up when another figure appeared next to Jennie.

Another taller alpha jumped out from behind the throne, Taehyung hadn't noticed until now, which was almost unbelievable due to the girl's strange aura. Not only her appearance but also her atmosphere felt somehow different. There was something maniac about her.

She was tall and thin. Her shoulder-length silver hair was somewhat similar to Jungkook's hair color. But the strangest were her eyes. Her milky white irises made her seem blind, yet she smiled cheerfully and heaped towards Jungkook without any hindrance.