× sixteen ×

18 months later

×××

Taehyung hated consultation days. On this day, all the wolves were free to bother him with all their fuss and he was actually expected to solve them.

But what he hated most were the couples who came for his blessing. Taehyung cherished young love but couldn't discipline why they needed his word for marriage. Who was he to say no to anyone? The most complicated part of all was that he couldn't just say yes, either. Then, he would have given the impression he didn't care.

He grabbed a random paper from his desk - which just happened to be a military report sent by Bae Hyungsik about the latest battle with the Jeon pack - and hid behind it.

All the while, he desperately tried to recall the questions Jungkook made him memorize - with no result it seems.

"So," he finally sang after he pulled himself together. He looked at the two males sitting in front of him, hand in hand. "Do you want to get married?"

The boys blinked in confusion before nodding.

Stupid question, Taehyung scolded himself. Of course, they want to get married. They came here for his blessing.

He cleared his voice, a feeble attempt to hide his embarrassment. "Yes, sure. Obviously, you want to get married. Love is a beautiful thing. It makes you all giddy and palmy. When we find the One we easily forget about the outside world, as if we are living in our own little pink bubble where no one else exists except you and your mate. But be careful not to crash into a pole! It happened to me once, it was really painful!"

He nodded as he mumbled further incoherently. "Yes, no matter how much you are in love, our environment must be taken care of. You don't want to get involved in an accident, I hope. At least I don't want you to get hurt in any way. Remember to always- Ah, Jungkook!"

Taehyung exclaimed in relief once the door to his office slowly opened and a blonde omega peered through the narrow gap between the door and the door frame.

"Is everything all right?" Jungkook asked in his usual honey-like voice, so warm and gentle that Taehyung felt like melting upon hearing it.

As the blonde completely entered the room, his sweet scent filled the entire space in a blink of an eye. Taehyung sniffed eagerly from the air, filling his lungs with Jungkook's seductive smell. It seemed to be stronger than usual.

"Yes, yes," Taehyung hurried to say. He nodded towards the two boys. "Minho and Jisung are here to ask for my blessing and we were just about to go through the formalities."

He sent a pointed, almost desperate look at Jungkook, silently asking for some help. Thankfully, the omega easily caught on, understanding what was Taehyung's problem.

"I see," he smiled. "I don't remember Jisung turning 20. You guys know that marking is forbidden before adulthood, right?"

"We are aware, Luna. Jisung's birthday is next month. We were hoping to hold the wedding in October," the older boy with cat-like features explained. Taehyung remembered him from the first day he showed up at their doorstep and asked them to join their pack. He was one of the very first members, Taehyung could easily recall his name, Lee Minho.

"And how long have you been together?" Jungkook casually leaned against Taehyung's desk, his legs and arms crossed together.

"One year, three months, three weeks and sixteen hours," Jisung announced proudly, making Taehyung coo in the background.

"Aw, that's cute," he elbowed on his desk and placed his chin on his palms. "Do you count seconds as well?"

Jisung's cheeks got pained by a bright red color as he looked down at his wrist watch. "Forty minutes and thirty-three... thirty-four... thirty-five..."