"Uneventful, thankfully." Although these were good news he still looked glum. "Shall we start? I think we have a number of things to discuss."

"Right, this way." Taehyung led them to their biggest meeting room.

Only people from the innermost circle were aloud to participate in the meeting. The door was guarded by alphas from the Bae pack to ensure that no uninvited guests could overhear them. 

The mood took on a serious tone and the air almost froze in the room. Jin and Namjoon told their story with just as much emotion as the first time, and Taehyung shuddered again at the thought that this war could actually end very badly for them.

Bae Hyungsik politely listened to the story, never interrupting it, but the deepening wrinkles on his face told everything - he was worried, just like Taehyung.

When Jin and Namjoon finished the story, he didn't hesitate. His eyes darted across the table to Jungkook and he spoke firmly. "Jungkook, may I speak with you in private?"

Taehyung was neither surprised nor offended that the Head Alpha wished to negotiate with Jungkook instead of him. This was the usual for them.

Taehyung saw that Jungkook's posture also hardened. He returned the Head Alpha's strict gaze. "I don't think it's necessary. I trust my men here, you say it in front of them."

"Under the current circumstances, I do not agree. At least the betas should leave."

Jungkook's fist rolled up into a ball on the table. "Like I said-"

"It's okay," Namjoon's voice suddenly cut the omega's sentence in half. The two betas looked apologetic - for what, Taehyung had no idea. "We're kinda tired anyway."

The whole crew watched in utter silence as the couple slowly stood up and excused themselves. Once the door closed behind them, Jungkook shot an angry glare at the man.

"Was that really necessary?"

Bae Hyungsik didn't bounce. He answered in a calm voice. "I believe so. You take in everyone as if you are begging Jeon to plant a spy between us. Besides, they just joined, you can't trust them with secret military information!"

Anyone could sense the tension in the room. Suzy began to shiver at the dominance emanating from her father and squirmed in her seat . Taehyung glanced curiously at the blond omega sitting next to him, but he wasn't the least bit surprised that Jungkook was still sitting in his chair, facing the challenging gaze of the Head Alpha. 

Jungkook wasn't affected by Bae Hyungsik's pheromones, but everyone else glowered uncomfortably in their place. Even Taehyung felt that unpleasant tickling sensation at the back of his mind. Something he only felt around Jeon before. It was more annoying than commanding. Jungkook, on the other hand, showed no sign of even that.

"Namjoon and Jin are different!" He stated with gritted teeth. 

"No, they aren't. They were in Jeon's pack."

"Just like all of us!" Jungkook's fist banged at the table, scaring almost everyone. 

Bae Hyungsik narrowed his eyes. "Don't you dare talk to me in that tone, young man!"

"I'll talk to you the way you talk to my men. With all due respect, Head Alpha, I think you're forgetting about a crucial thing here. This is not your pack. We gladly take your advice, but the decisions are still ours, you have no say in it. You didn't want us in your own pack, so don't try to control us now."

Taehyung nodded in agreement. Jungkook was right and Taehyung knew that this had been bugging his mate for a long time. At the time, Bae Hyungsik made it clear that he did not wish to accept them into his pack, even though they asked. So he didn't have the right to give them orders, let alone dominate their wolves. What he did in the meeting room was downright offensive.