Taehyung sighed. "Nothing. I just... kinda ran away."

He closed his eyes, prepared for the worst but he still flinched at Jimin's thundering voice. "WHAT?!"

He opened one of his eyes, peeking a little to take in his surroundings. Jimin was pacing aggressively around the kitchen island, throwing incoherent insults at Taehyung.

He was angry for a reason. Asking someone to spend his heat with him was a very sensitive question, and omegas took it very seriously. It expressed trust.

It was an honor to receive such an offer.

Jungkook basically expressed his undying faith in Taehyung. And Taehyung just rudely rejected it by running away. Escaping without a word was probably the worst thing Taehyung could do in that situation. He couldn't have offended Jungkook any better.

"Are you even a real alpha?" Jimin roared, sticking his index finger against Taehyung's chest. Ever since Jungkook recounted how much torture he had to endure in his whole life, Jimin became very overprotective of him. The beta was his guardian angel, snapping at everyone who even looked at his Luna in the wrong way.

"I freaked out, okay? It was so sudden. I didn't think."

The beta shook his head. "That's the point, Taehyung. You never think."

The trueblood ignored Jimin's insult and just babbled out whatever was on his mind. "I just... I didn't know what to say. I don't know what it would mean to him. Until now, we certainly didn't share the same feelings. Why now?"

He looked hopelessly at his best friend but Jimin just snickered. He turned away again, focusing on the chips instead of his idiotic Head Alpha. "Has it ever occurred to you that he might be feeling the bond too? His 20th birthday is next week, after all."

Taehyung's jaw visibly dropped after hearing that information. How could he forget?

It was already the end of August which also meant that Jungkook's birthday was slowly approaching. And this year, he will become an adult too.

"Shit, you're right. Do you think he actually meant it?"

"Do I have to spell it for you? Of course, you dummy. You lived one and half years with each other without being intimate. Why else do you think he would suddenly ask you such a question if he doesn't want to?"

Taehyung's lips slowly curved into a goofy smile. Though that small grin quickly got washed away as another concern arose in his head. "But... Jungkook had sex before."

"And?" Jimin arched an eyebrow, not quite getting Taehyung's point.

"And I didn't," the trueblood mumbled in a small voice making Jimin burst out in another loud laugh.

"Do you want me to give you sex education or what? You know when two wolves love each other-"

"God, stop!" Taehyung put his palms on his ears, muffling out Jimin's irritating giggle. "I don't wanna hear it. All I'm saying is that what if I won't be enough?"

The beta's laugh died down and his features took on a much gentler form. His warm gaze landed on the alpha when he spoke. "Tae, you're his mate. Whatever Hobi did to him won't ever be as good as being with-"

But Jimin never got the chance to finish that sentence as Taehyung's eyes suddenly snapped wide, sparkling excitedly as a new idea popped out of his dump mind. "Hobi! Yes, Jimin, you're a genius! I could just ask Hoseok about Jungkook's likes and dislikes!"

Jimin's face dropped as he tried to figure out whether Taehyung was being serious or just trying to pull a really lame joke. "That's like- the worst idea ever. Don't do that!"