Relentless Part 4

Maddox

Hearing her breathing change knowing she's asleep wearing my mark on her neck can't stop the unbashful pride filling my chest. Mine. My wolf calm for the first time in months, she's back in my arms, in my bed she may have come back with another mate but after that I think we can make it work. After all we are both hellbent on making her happy.

Now Riley's ours.

Coming the other side of our lust fuelled need of our mate. Few days have passed that we haven't let her go a second without needing her, don't think that need with ever subside. Letting Riley sleep, me and Ryder need to talk about telling our mate about our wolves. We have said things in front of her she's seen her eyes glow, but we haven't fully explained all this shifter life to her. Riley has taken to being our mate, feeling the pull as we do. Embracing it even with our unorthodox relationship, since that first night all three of us haven't been in the same bed together. Always one of us with her but we need to discuss how we are going to tell her about the parts she hasn't figured out yet. Pulling Ryder's half-asleep form from the bedroom, "Ryder we need to show Riles our wolves. She needs to know the rest of this. Not just the mate bond. You agree?" letting him think about what I've said is time I'm not used to waiting, for this relationship to work I have to try and give him some respect for our mate's sake. Turning back to look at me "thanks for not using your will on me this time" soft chuckling at how things have changed from a few days ago "I do agree, she has clocked onto most of what we've implied but I think seeing it is something she is going to need to see for herself. How about I go wolf and you explain it? Being alpha makes your wolf bigger, could scare her. If she is ok seeing mine, then you can show her yours". Nodding my agreement, we decide to show her after she wakes up. Neither of us will survive if she rejects us now knowing what we are to each other. We should have told her about our wolves' way before now, everything spiralled out of control. Waiting for her to wake up feels like watching pain dry. Both of us itching to climb back into bed, claim our mate again. wake her with our touch on her skin.

Finally seeing her stir she reaches over to find one of us, only she is alone, we agreed if either of us got back into bed with her we'd wake her but it would be awhile before she's be out of bed again. pulling the band aid off we both stand at the end of the bed waiting for her to realise we are both together in the same room with her.

Moment Riley see's us she smiles. Both of us sporting huge smiles for our girl, her happiness is what matters to us. Reaching for her hand pulling her towards us off the bed as Ryder grabs her a dress to throw over her naked beauty, if she stays naked we both know we couldn't have this conversation and it needs to happen while blood is still going to our brains "baby girl we need to talk about something important. Show you something important to". Confusion coming across her beautifully sleepy face "I know we haven't exactly left this room lately but if we don't go outside and show you what we need to baby girl I don't think we are ever going to get the nerve to again. It's nothing to fear but we need you to understand what we are" gripping her hand pulling her in for a chaste kiss, need her taste on my lips. As Alpha I'm never allowed to show fear. My mate's possible rejection, if she feels she can't be with a wolf, let alone two wolves. I'm not sure I'll be able to survive.

Holding her hand leading her outside, Ryder staying close behind her, automatically surrounding around our mate. My pack staying back giving us time for this, knowing we need to do this without them attacking Ryder right now. My pack know he is Riley's mate too, after all that has happened it may be awhile before they accept him. Scenting my pack is watching move to the perimeter. I do not wish to scare my mate with all of you watching her for this. Mentally ordering my pack, Yes Alpha chanting responses coming from my pack. Pride fills me that they are all still my devoted pack, none of them have asked to leave or gone against my orders during this ordeal.