"Fuck off Jenn there is no way," he says.

"Oh but it's true Evan, here is the proof.  Our little bundle of joy," she says handing him the ultrasound photo.

"Still not proof that it's mine," he says handing it back to her.

"The dates match up to when we were together last and you know I don't mess around with more than one person at a time," she says smiling.

"Fuck," he says sitting down on the couch and running his hand over his face.

"I'm going to leave you two alone.  You obviously have a lot to talk about," I say quickly  heading to my room before I let her see me upset.

"Oh Heather I didn't see you there.  Don't worry we'll give you lots of notice before we need you to move out," she says smirking.

"Shut up Jen.  Hayley wait, please let's talk about this," Evan says.

"No you need to talk to her about this.  I am not a part of this," shutting my door and locking it.  Just wanting to be anywhere, but here at the moment.

I know what this means.  Evan will do the right thing and it means whatever him and I were starting is done.  My heart breaks and it hurts so badly.  I lay down in my bed and cry.  I hold the pillow close to me and it smells like Evan.

I eventually find some sort of sleep around 2:00 am.  He finished talking to her around 1:00 am and spent from 1:00 to 2:00 trying to convince me to talk to him. 

I couldn't do it because I can't bring myself to hear those words that him and I are done.  My alarm goes off at 6:00 am and I get up to get ready for work.  Hopefully I can sneak out and avoid him cause he is off on his road trip today.

I get showered and dressed feeling like I am on auto pilot.  I open my door and head to the door quietly and go to open it.

"You don't think I know what time you get up?" I hear this deep voice say to me.

I turn around and see he's slept or not slept on the couch over night. 

"I can't do this right.  I have to go to work," I say.

"I am sorry.  I had no idea about any of this, but she's carrying my kid and I have to do right by them," he says coming over to me.

"I know.  I wouldn't expect anything less from you, but it doesn't make this hurt any less, but I know you'll make a great dad," I say trying to force a smile, but all I get is tears.

"Please Hayls, don't cry," he says wiping my tears.

"I have to get to work.  Good luck on the road trip and I'll start looking for a place while you are gone," I say backing up from him.

"You don't have to go.  I want you to stay," he says stepping closer.

"I can't stay, if you are going to try and make this work for your child."

"Just please be here when I get home from the road," he begs me.

"I can't promise that.  The longer I stay and see you the harder it will be for me.  Just know I'll never stop loving you," I say walking out the door and heading to work.

I am a miserable bitch at work, snapping at my assistant and clients.  I probably should have stayed home, but I had to get out of there this morning.  My heart was in a thousand pieces and on top of that I had to look for a new place to live.

Amy comes in and sit across from me, "Hayley what is wrong?  I have never seen you act this way.  I mean even when you get mad, it's never like this."

I take a deep breathe, "Jen came over last night and told Evan she is pregnant.  He wants to try with her for the sake of his child."

"Oh god, I am so sorry," she says getting up and giving me a hug.

"So if you know any places for rent or sale, please let me know," I say trying to keep it together.

"He kicked you out?  What an asshole," she says.

"No, I am moving out.  I don't want to be around them playing family and I know for certain Jenn doesn't want me there," I say.

"Hayley go home, doesn't he have to leave for a road trip tonight?  You don't need to be here."

"This is the only thing keeping me sane at the moment," I say with a fake smile.

My phone rings and I grab, "Hayley Maddison, how may I help you?"

"Hey Hayls, it's Nic.  Greg just told me what happened.  Come over tonight okay.  You can stay with me while the guys are away," she says.

"Thanks Nic, I would really appreciate that.  I get off work in a couple of hours," I say.

"I'll pick you up around 5:30 and we'll talk and have a girl's night," she says.

"Sure sounds good," I hang up.

I finish up my work for the day and say good night to Amy on my way out.  Heading back to the condo and walking inside.  Funny how just one thing can change a feeling.  This doesn't feel like home anymore.  I head into my room and start to pack an over night bag.

I see something on my dresser and pick up the envelope and open it and see it's a letter from Evan.

"Hayls,

I don't know what to say that will make this all better.  I know I messed up and I am always so careful, you have seen how many condoms I have. Anyways I love you so much and that will never go away, but the love I have for this child is so strong I have to see if I can work things out with Jen for them.  

I want you to know that I will never get over the pain I caused you and I know when you do and move on it's going to crush me to see you with him. 

I am going to try again to ask you to stay until I get back because there is so much I want to say, but I understand if you aren't here when I get back.

I love you and my heart will always belong to you.

Love,

Ev"

I hold the letter to my chest and start to cry, sitting down against my dresser.  I don't hear the door open and Nicole come in.

She finds me crying and just hugs me and helps me up.  She grabs my bag and helps me to the car.

We get to her place and she just lets me cry and talk once my eyes start to sting from crying too much. 

"Hayls you can stay here as long as you need too.  I practically live at Greg's anyways," she says.

"Thanks Nicole, but I have a few leads on some places to see tomorrow, you can come if you want too?" I say.

"Sure," she says. 

We watch a movie and she doesn't really talk about what happened which I am grateful for.  Around  10:00 her phone rings and I see it's Greg.  "I'll just go to the spare room," I say wanting to give her some privacy.

I head to my room and see I have messages text and voicemails from Evan.

I want so badly to hear his voice, but I can't till I process all of this.   My heart is never going to mend and I have to find a way to move forward without my best friend and the man who I will always love.