Chapter 3

Third Person POV:

The Royals made their way through the crowd, into the forum and made their way up the stairs. Marinette stood a single step above her comrades, looking down at the waiting students with them.

She cleared her throat before speaking in a confident voice.

"I'm sure most of you remember us. For those who don't know who we are, we are the Royals. Our main goal is to make this school a peaceful place, free of bullies and liars."

Chloe spoke next. "All three of us have been observing our school's issues behind the scenes, and we've had enough. The behavior here is disgraceful, and we're here to give those who need it an attitude adjustment."

Nathaniel nodded before adding, "Those who have been lying, bullying, enabling said bullies or anything of the sort will have three days to fix it. Fail to and face the consequences."

Marinette finished for them. "Remember, the Royals don't make threats, we make promises. Don't forget that."

With that they went the rest of the way up the steps to class, nodding to Ms. Mandeleiv on their way, who was smiling proudly at them.

Adrien ran up the stairs, looking for Marinette. Surely if he reminded her, she would take the high road, right? Sure, she had already made a move but it's never too late to turn back.

"Marinette! Wait up!"

The girl in question stopped, nodding at the others to go along. She then turned around.

"What do you want, Adrien?"

No stutter, he thought, slightly taken aback.

"What happened to the high road, Mari? Lila isn't hurting-"

She cut him off, saying, "First of all, don't call me Mari. Only my friends get to do that. Second of all, how exactly is she 'not hurting anyone', Adrien? Tell me what happens when Nino doesn't get a call from a music producer like she said he would, or when Alya doesn't get her blog featured on the news? These lies are disasters waiting to happen, and I'm sure an akuma from Lila would be much better than akumas from the whole class."

Adrien was shocked. Where had this confidence come from?

"If that's all, I'm going to go see my real friends."

And with that, she walked away without a second glance behind her, leaving Adrien alone in the hallway.