chapter 1 Unexpected Words

Start from the beginning

"First you need to go to Madam Malkin's shop for your robes".

"Make sure to bring a yellow tie for our Hufflepuff child".

She was cut off by dad grinning.

"Well then a yellow tie and yes while you are buying your dress we will go to buy you the books from Flourish and Blotts and after you are done with the robes you can go to the Eeylops Owl Emporium to choose your owl and then meet us at Olivander's to buy your wand"

I knew the place pretty well and went to Madam Malkin's shop. Just as I was about to enter my head banged against a red-haired boy.

"Ouch!"

I fell and hit the ground hard.

"I am so sorry I didn't see you coming".

The boy said holding his hand out. I took his hand and he pulled me up closer to him. Soon my eyes met his and I stood there unable to move. His eyes carried the warmest shade of brown I had ever seen. His hair was as red as flame. His hand was warm and his lips bore a smile tempting me to kiss them. Wait! What am I thinking? Have I lost my mind? KISS HIM? KISS A COMPLETE STRANGER?? I was snapped out of my thoughts by another red-haired figure who looked the same as the other boy.

"I see my little brother befriended a red-faced girl before even reaching Hogwarts. Well done!" The boy said patting his twin brother on his shoulder.

"Um....what do you mean by a red-faced girl?"I asked.

"Your face is completely red, by the way, I'm Forge and this is Gred." said the boy.

I didn't know if my face could get any redder cause I felt my cheeks burning more furiously.

"Well, nice to meet you um.....Gred and Forge? What sort of a name is that? Anyways, thanks for helping me up, you can leave my hand I need to buy my robes. See you guys at Hogwarts!" Gred noded and released my hand.

I went past them into the shop. After getting my robes I went to get an owl for myself. There were so many owls that it was hard for me to choose one out, but one owl caught my eye. It was a grey owl with brown eyes. God knows why I was obsessed with brown eyes. The owl was small but a little bigger than the palm of my hand though. I paid for the owl and took her with me.

"I will name you Emmie. Do you like it?"

The owl flapped her shiny wings and edged towards me hooting excitedly.

"I take it as a yes then, we will have lots of fun together!"

I ran up to Ollivander's shop as my father was telling my mother and my sister about one of his friends, Arthur.

"Molly and Arthur seemed pretty fine, didn't they? Arthur told me at the ministry last week that two of his sons are starting their year at Hogwarts this time. The youngest son will join Hogwarts two years later with Lihanna".
"Mom, dad I'm back!"

I announced as we went into the shop. Mr Ollivander took a little time in deciding my wand but finally gave me one. I suddenly felt power surging into me. I waved my wand a little as it blended with my magic.

"Eight and a half inches Alderwood with a unicorn hair, fascinating!"

Ollivander exclaimed I purchased my wand and came back home. I quickly went up to my room as soon as I reached home and closed the door. I was feeling a little nervous. After three days I will be off to Hogwarts. A certain ginger boy with warm brown eyes suddenly became the biggest reason for my nervousness. They would be at Hogwarts. What if I make a fool out of my self? I drowned in my thoughts. I didn't want to meet any of the boys any more. Days passed quickly and I found myself on my bed overthinking to death. Oh God! why was I overthinking? It was Lihanna's job, after all, even she wouldn't overthink so much. I put my head on my hands as the ginger boy kept haunting me. Tomorrow would be the biggest day of my life and here I was wide awake as sleep had abandoned me. Suddenly the door clicked open and I saw my dad there with a big smile on his face. He paced towards the side of my bed and sat on it next to me.

"Did you meet a handsome guy in Diagon alley? You know your face is completely red" said dad laughing.

David Frost my dad was too cool to be a dad. Wait! What did he just ask? Did he saw me with those ginger boys over there? NO WAY! IT WAS A COMPLETE DISASTER! I looked at him wide-eyed trying to hide my burning face. I mustered up all of my strength and told him.

"No, I didn't I was just worried that if I embarrass myself in front of everyone or worse if everyone starts hating me? People don't like me anyways they like Lihanna. She is perfect and I am good at nothing".

I finished burying my head in my palms. What happened afterwards made it a red-lettered day of my life. The day became an important change in my life. My dad took me in his soft warm arms and made me sit on his lap as he hugged me lovingly. I wrapped my arms around his neck and put my head on his shoulder.

"If this is what you think my dear then I have something to tell you. Do you know why I married your mother?" he asked.

"She's beautiful, intelligent, smart brave and a pretty good witch. That's easy!"

"No, that's not the reason. Well.....her beauty was the first thing that captivated me but there were other beautiful witches as well. Your mom was unique. She was pretty humorous. She always made me feel better, happy and important. Just a soft smile on her lips lifted my heart. She understood me. She knew how I felt and always encouraged me. Today I have got a nice reputation in the ministry. People, they love me and respect me because your mother taught me something years ago which I can never forget. She told me that people seek happiness and when you bring that happiness to them they start liking you. They will admire you forever until and unless you snatch it away from them. You, my dear Daniela, have received your mother's talent of making people smile. Have you ever wondered why I would talk to you or Leah when I'm in a distress? Because you guys make me forget my pains. You guys are the givers and they are never hated. Lihanna may have a lot of qualities but what makes you perfect in my eyes is your humorous nature, my dear little Daniela. You are my favourite."

Those golden words left his mouth and were etched into my heart. Those words were like showers of blessing. They gave me immense strength and courage and I knew I would carry those words in my heart forever. I hugged him tightly and resting my head into his shoulder, I muttered,

"Thank you, daddy! I am glad to get the best family in the world!"

He kissed me on my forehead and the next thing I knew I was asleep. But no one knew that a little nine-year-old girl having grey eyes, heard their conversation while returning her sister's book. She couldn't believe what she heard. She always thought her parents loved them equally. Suddenly she felt an unbearable pain rising. Splitting headache, skin burning and bones melting but that pain was nothing. She had been receiving such pains since she was five years old. The pain, after all, would subside after some time but the pain that her father gave would always splinch her heart.

"I will give her the book in the morning."

She said to herself and made her way into her room to sleep even though she knew that just like the other days she won't be able to sleep and would stay wide awake.