23

3rd person's POV

"Just like that! You're doing good!" Mrs Kim shouts as Hyunjin is riding her skateboard.

"Now jump!" Hyunjin did and she ended up falling on the ground earning a loud grunt from her and a laugh from her stepmom.

"Nothing's funny!" Hyunjin said and hold her knee.

"Why are you so bad at this?" Mrs Kim asked and laugh along with some of their maids and guards.

"Aish, you're not going to help me to get up?" Hyunjin said and Mrs Kim looks at her.

"Remember this, Hyunjin. You need to learn how to get up yourself, kid. Some people pretends like they're gonna help you to get up but they'll push you further down. That's why it's important that you learn how to stand up on your own" she said in a serious tone and Hyunjin gets up by herself.

"You still want to play or we'll sleep now?" Mrs Kim asked

"I still want to play, mom" Hyunjin replied

"Okay then"

Hyunjin get on the skateboard again and Mrs Kim held her arms and run around the area, dragging Hyunjin along with her.

Hyunjin is smiling so wide and it makes Mrs Kim happy. Hyunjin didn't have a pleasant childhood because of her experience with her real mother so Mrs Kim always makes sure to play with Hyunjin so at least she will still experience playing around and goofing around.

Hyunjin's real mother is actually her best friend. Her parents forced her to marry Mr Kim when they found out that she's in love with Hyunjin's mother. She still keep on loving the girl but what she didn't know is her husband and the girl she's in love with are having a relationship behind her back. And then poof there's Hyunjin.

Hyunjin lived with her real mom for 8 years and the Kims didn't know that the woman is abusing her daughter. Turns out that Hyunjin's mom got addicted to drugs and then one day, she hang herself in front of her poor child. That caused trauma to Hyunjin and they had to bring her to different psychiatrist.

"What are you thinking about?" Hyunjin asked as her mom drag her gently while she's still on the board.

"Nothing, I'm just glad that you're having fun" Mrs Kim said and smile at her.

"I reminds you of her, am I right?" Hyunjin asked and stopped the skateboard. It's very rare for her to open up a topic about her birth mother.

"Yeah....." Mrs Kim answered and the two take a sit on the concrete floor.

"You said you were in love with her, right?" Hyunjin asked again and Mrs Kim nodded.

"What kind of a woman is she back then?" the girl asked as she look up to the sky.

"Are you sure it's okay that we talk about her?" Mrs Kim look at her worriedly

"Yes" Hyunjin said though she's having flashbacks of her memories with her real mom and especially the last moment she saw her.

"She's just like you" Mrs Kim can't help but to smile as she reminisce about her best friend.

"Stupid annoying brat" she said and Hyunjin slapped her arm.

"Just kidding" Mrs Kim chuckled

"She's a loud and bubbly girl, she's much of a tsundere but when it comes to a person she likes, she became soft and clingy. She's athletic just like you, she likes to explore too, she's just like a curious kid who likes to know about everything" Hyunjin listens to her intently as she grab her right arm with her left to stop it from shaking.

"She's caring and she does care about the people around her but she just doesn't show it at all, she's quiet but when it comes to a person that she's close to, she's really talkative."

"She's beautiful as fuck and she has her own way of making people fall for her"

"Do you regret it?" Hyunjin asked

"Regret what?"

"Loving her" Hyunjin said and Mrs Kim chuckled.

"I have no regrets in life, kid" she said

"How can I regret loving her when she was the most beautiful thing that happened to me?" Mrs Kim said and caress Hyunjin's head.

"She's also the reason why I have you now, why would I regret it?" she added

"You don't regret having me?" Hyunjin asked and Mrs Kim put her in a head lock then rub her knuckles against the girl's scalp.

"Why the hell would I regret it huh!?" Mrs Kim said and Hyunjin giggled as she squirm around her mom's grip.

"I hate your dad, yes, but I don't regret having you here, dumbass"

"I don't really say this a lot but I love you, kid" Hyunjin burst out laughing and Mrs Kim joined her.

"That's cheesy mom"

"Okay then fuck you" Hyunjin just keep on laughing as she let her head rest on her mom's shoulder.