HYDRA

I regret to tell you guys this book is actually Discontinued. It was one of my very first fanfics and yeah I suppose it has a sort of ending if you use your imagination but honestly I've given up on it a long time ago.

I have much better fanfics now please go read those 😭

In Greek Mythology, Athena is the name of the Goddess of wisdom and war. A true balance between brain and brawn. And that's what the Hydra scientists wished to achieve when they worked on Project Athena.

She was supposed to be their perfect soldier, the succesor to the Winter Soldier. Capable of making split second decisions, being calculative and stronger than the any average person. A deadly combination. 

The bred her, like a lab rat for their tests, combining the intellect of their finest scientist- Janice Starr and the strength of the most feared HYDRA assassin- The Winter Soldier. 

Age 4 (2005)

The soldiers ignored the little girl as she ran down the hallways, her dark hair flying behind her. They knew it was fruitless to try and detain her, when Athena put her mind to something, there was nothing she couldn't achieve. 

The Soldier- her father, stood outside an office. His head was bowed down in shame. She hated what they did to him. He'd come back from missions, and everytime, she would think there was something broken in his eyes that could never be fixed.

"Bucky!" Athena whispered as she tapped his arm. Living in a HYDRA facility with dozens of trained assassins, she knew she should announce her arrival. Other wise.. well let's just say the floor doesn't taste that good. 

"Athena! what are you doing up? You're supposed to be asleep, what if the soldiers see you?" Bucky whispered back. He always tried to look happy for her, but she was smart enough to play dumb.  

"They don't care" Athena giggled, her blue eyes sparkling as she looked at Bucky. 

"You're a little troublemaker you know?" Bucky chuckled softly. The compound was fairly empty, so he wasn't very worried. 

"Just like Steve?" Athena asked, her short black hair fell in her eyes but she brushed it away. 

"Yep" Bucky sighed. He used to tell her stories about him and his best friend Steve- Captain America. "Nina, I think you should go to sleep" 

"Nina?" Athena snorted. 

"Oh shut up, just trying to give you a nick name. And you better be in bed before Janice comes to find you" 

"But I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate Janice, she's mean" Athena huffed. "And I hate the soldiers too, I hate the facility, I hate everything... Except for you- I guess I don't... not... love you" Bucky found her adorable, the way her face scrunched when she was thinking hard about something.

"I don't not love you too doll" Bucky laughed. 

"I also wanted to tell you that I start training from tomorrow... with you" Athena reminded him. 

"Are they crazy? I'm not gonna fight a four year old" Bucky said with disbelief. 

"You don't have to fight me, just train" 

"Fighting is what HYDRA considers training" Bucky told Athena. 

"I'll be fine, Janice is always saying how HYDRA always meant for me to be stronger than you" Athena shrugged. 

"Getting a little full of yourself already?" Bucky chuckled. 

"Yep" Athena giggled, then seeing soldiers coming their way, she added- "I gotta go, goodnight"