Chapter 3

Y/n grabbed the remote from Kita, yet again, and said "let's watch the fault in our stars; I'm in the mood to cry." A quiet chuckle escaped Kita's lips. "You say that with every sad film we watch, I remember just last week when we watched a star is born you-"

"Nah because let me stop you right there." Y/n interrupted him, "No point in reliving the past." Kita laughed once more before putting the film on, they shared a fluffy blanket on the sofa. Both of them sat on each end, feet close to touching in the middle.

Kita snuck a couple of glances at y/n during the film, watching her reactions to certain parts. He loved the way she would smile when a happy scene was on, or the way her nose would crinkle before something bad was about to happen. He loved the way her eyes would widen during a cute scene, followed along with a little pout and the way her eyes would gloss over when something sad was happening.

Y/n began to tear up towards the end of the film, Kita got up from his position and shuffled closer to her. His arms wrapping around her body. "I don't even know why I'm crying this hard." She sniffled, "it's kinda fucking embarrassing."

"I mean , you did say you were in the mood to cry." Kita smiled at her trying to lighten the mood. He drew large circles on her back with his fingers and placed a light kiss on the top of her head. "Shut up Shinsuke." Y/n said snuggling into his embrace. Trying oh so hard to dismiss his comment.

They stayed like that for a couple of minutes just enjoying each other's presence, even if y/n was a blubbering mess. Kita loved caring for his new friend.

"You hungry y/n." He asked , his arms still wrapped around her.  Y/n's eyes were aching from the film, she nodded slightly before snuggling back into Kita. "I'll make you food , how about that." He suggested.

Y/n was a terrible cook, she managed to burn eggs for some weird reason. If Kita wasn't here she most definitely would've been living off of takeaway and noodles whilst her dad was away.

She nodded at Kita, "that sounds nice, I'm so lucky to have you."

"You mean your lucky to have a friend who can actually cook," Kita laughed. Y/n, just sat there a smirk forming on her lips. She said nothing. Kita sighed and pretended to be hurt.

"Wow y/n, I thought we were friends for genuine , wholesome reasons. Infact I thought we were more than friends. I thought we were best friends." Kita wiped a fake tear from his eye and dramatically looked away.

Y/n , still stayed silent. Her smirk getting even bigger. She clasped her hands against her mouth to stop herself from laughing at Kita.

"Bitch," he murmured.

"You love me really bestie." She stated , fluttering her eyes at him. "Mmm k." He said getting up and heading towards the kitchen. "Anything in particular you want to eat?" He called.

"Mmm can you make a pork cutlet rice bowl?" Y/n asked heading towards the kitchen. "Yeah but your chopping everything up." Y/n sighed, "fine." She gave in.

She washed her hands and rolled up her sleeves, "so Shinsuke, how you feeling about high school?" Y/n grabbed the chopping board and knife and began to chop the vegetables. "You said you know some people right? What are their names."

"I'm quite excited to be honest, and I'm not gonna lie I can't actually remember their names, just that they are joining the volleyball club." Kita chuckled, "it's a new experience y/n, plus we'll be together so if everything goes to shit at least I'll still have you."

Y/n froze in her tracks. I'll still have you. I'll still have you. At least I'll still have you. Those words played over and over again in her mind , she looked at the tainted flesh on her arm . Scars , cuts, wounds scattered all over the once blank canvas. Y/n wasn't actually planning on making it to highschool, but she felt like she had to hold on. For him, she owed him that much.

Maybe , once he got comfortable in high school, made a couple of friends he'd forget all about her and she could go through with her plan...

At least the pain would be easier.

"Yeah, till death do us part." Y/n giggled and continued to chop the vegetables, lowering her sleeve to cover her scars.