Chapter 8

"Ariel," Jaime's voice drafts down the hallway and into the kitchen where I sat, munching on a piece of toast. 

The gray chair creaks as I lift my weight off of it and walk slowly into the lounge where Jaime's long body sits spread out on the couch, the TV remote in one hand, my phone in the other. 

"Is this yours?" He questions, waving the black IPhone back and forth in the air, as if he's taunting me. 

I nod my head slowly and reach my arm out, palm open. "I'll take that back please." I say to him as Pierce The Veil suddenly begins blaring through the small phones speakers, indicating I have an incoming call. 

Jaime jumps a little at the sudden noise but then he turns to me and grins. 

"Nice ring tone." He giggles like a little girl before handing me my phone back. 

I swipe to answer quickly without checking who's calling and walk back into the kitchen where I resume my previous seat at the dining room table. 

"Hey, is this Ariel?" A semi-familiar voice asks from the other end and I nod stupidly. 

"Uh, yea. This is Ariel. Who's this?" I smile a little bit at my own stupidity and finish off my toast before holding my phone in the crook of my neck and taking my plate to the sink to wash it. 

"This is Ronnie. Radke. We met the other day at Of Mice's set?" The man says and I mentally face palm. Of course I knew that voice somewhere. I had met him the other day when Austin invited me to go watch their performance and Ronnie had wandered over and introduced himself. 

"Oh right! Hey, what's up?" I say as I towel dry the black plate in my hands and set it on the drying rack to my left. 

"Well Austin gave me your number," I make a mental note to have a serious discussion with my two friends about giving my number out to people. "And I was wondering if maybe you wanted to hang out sometime." Ronnie concludes and snaps me out of my thoughts. 

"L-Like a date?" I stutter out, completely shocked. Ronnie was really nice but it had only been two days since the whole Andy thing went down and I wasn't really sure about trying to start with someone else. Plus, I could be leaving the tour completely in 5 days. 

I can feel the awkwardness hanging between us like a blanket because of my question, even if we are just on the phone. But Ronnie handles it well. 

"It doesn't have to be. Unless you know, you want it to be." He says confidently and I blush a dark red that I can feel all the way down my neck. 

"Sure." I say slowly, because honestly what's the worst that could happen. 

"Awesome!" I can hear his grin in his voice and it causes me to smile as well. "Can you hang out tomorrow?" 

"I have to shoot BVB's set but anytime after 2:30?" I ask as I lean against the cold counter. 

"I get off stage at four. Can you meet me on Monster stage then?" He questions and I agree. We both say our goodbyes and I hang up. 

I actually have a date with a guy, and it feels good. 

_________________________________________________________________

-Andy's P.O.V-

I set my hand into a fist and rap on the door harshly three times. 

After a moment of silence, I repeat this action. 

 I'm raising my hand a third time when the door swings open slowly to reveal a shirtless ginger haired man. His albino like pale skin nearly blinds me as Alan Ashby squints at me.