Chapter 26

We were quick as lighting to pull away.

Surprisingly, Jimin was standing on my doorstep, eyebrows furrowed and gaze set sternly on us.

"You both... didn't go home from school?"

Batting my eyelashes, I was clearly not in for a round of spending my energy on an argument I was pretty sure we were about to have.

It wasn't like being in the same circle with two boys that had feelings for me a nice thing. As cocky as I sounded, I really didn't know what good things in me that drew them.

Because I was hella sure, If I was a boy, I'd never spare a single glance at a girl like me who only had 3 main cycles in life— eat, sleep, daydream.

"Hey, I need to say something," Taehyung suddenly said.

Jimin looked bothered for a second as his eyes quivered away. I could see he was biting the inner skin of his cheeks, lips turning into a pout.

But that quickly changed into the bright expression he had always been wearing.

"Really? Let's save that for later. Aren't you hungry? Rain must be—"

"Jimin," he called again.

"Or do you want me to treat—"

"Park Jimin, I kissed rain."

Motherfu—

"The freak, Taehyung," I cursed under my breath.

Hurting Jimin's feelings was what I least wanted. This dumb blonde seriously didn't have to drag me into this when they could talk it out face-to-face alone.

This only made me feel like I had to speak out this exact moment, because running away wasn't an option when I was on the verge of breaking off their precious friendship.

But what kind of argument could I manage to bring out? I couldn't just say I didn't kiss back or I didn't like the kiss, because both are false statements.

"I haven't answered yet."

For fuck's sake.

I exchanged looks with Taehyung and he nodded in approval of my respond. I really wanted to get out of this situation right now. I was too tired.

Jimin's jaw clenched for a while and I could not make out what his eyes emitted.

"You didn't answer Taehyung but you flat out rejected me? Does that mean—"

"I've never rejected you, Jimin," I interrupted.

I actually have, inside my heart. I'm so sorry.

"Well, do I have more to say then?" He chuckled.

"You are supposed to be mad, Jimin," Taehyung said, his eyes looking so desperate. I could almost tell he was feeling so bad.

Jimin shook his head and suddenly grabbed Taehyung's bag, hugging it in front of his chest as if his life depended on it. Showing the lion soft toy keychain I had adored earlier, he flashed a soft smile.

This was the first time I saw him looking protective for something else, besides his silver Lambo which I was pretty sure he named ChimChim.

"Remember, Taehyung? I gave this to you because I hate seeing you lonely and hoped that this would be a perfect substitute when I'm not around," he spoke. "You used to cry a lot in third grade."

Taehyung nodded, still unable to process what he meant.

"This has been sticking with you for more than ten years, right? That means I've been caring for your little shit that long."