.⠀۟⠀。 alongside; chapter 6.⠀۟⠀。

Start from the beginning

       you told ukyo you'd be outside waiting while he prepares his belongings. slowly closing the door, you walked through the building pathways. the sounds of waves nearby piqued your curiosity. eerie sounds mixed through the current aura--your slow footsteps tapped across corridors, early traffic noise that could be heard from a distance and light sounds of waves crashing getting nearer as you walked. the second thing you knew, your hands were drifting against the steel railings. now looking through a sunny view, the sun radiated directly to your eyes. making you narrow your eyes and shielding your hands up to avoid it from damaging your sight.

       you patiently waited for him, looking at your watch. still early, enough time for both of you to walk on the way to school.

        usually these times, you'd be on your bike, calmly paddling on the streets. but sometimes you'd speed up once you're late, then might receive a small remark from your teacher to not do it again--which you might still will do because of your laziness. there would also be times where you'd be too early, slowing your bike in a peaceful pace. just enjoying everything, and taking as much time you want.

        however, even if it was memorable. you didn't really miss it that much, since you could do that anytime--if ukyo is much earlier than you. but even if it's late, you can't leave him behind on bike, he even waited the first day.

         now both of you would be walking together. it made you happy, not thinking about the consequences after. certainly, all your thoughts were optimistic. he's here, you're here. you'd never want anything more than this.

         [e/c] eyes admired the beautiful view of the sea shore. such little people were roaming around--families, lovers, or some people just taking a early morning stroll. they were joyful, smiles spread all to their faces--almost reaching their ears. some people just stared at the sea, their thoughts being drifted away by the winds, clouds or even the roaring waves. whether what emotion they would show, it showed the act of ease.

       eventually, ukyo was already behind [y/n], she still didn't notice. her eyes were fixed at the beach, watching people's smiles and faces as they enjoy everything under the morning sun. she felt nice seeing others emotions shown on their faces. he glanced at her. she was beautiful, her [h/c] hair hit the wind--brushing it softly away from her face. he could now see her face clearly, the hues of her [e/c]eyes reflected to the sun, they sparkle as light crosses to it. looking at her made his heart feel warm, the warm feeling reached his face too. being beside her gave him comfort. it would be cliché for him to say, but she's metaphorically the same as bright stars sparking through dark skies.

         how could he say? for him stars symbolized hope and energy. every time he'd see her--even if he was tired, her presence would make him feel energized again. because of her, he held on to something. and she's definitely someone who would listen to him, whether his words and phases were cringy, pointless, or dark. that was always his view of her.

        you were frightened as you notice someone behind you, making you jump in fear. "gah! stop sneaking behind." you clenched your heart, it was beating quite fast. this boy is going to give me a heart attack!

        "i'm sorry!" he bowed in front of you, "you just looked so peaceful, i didn't want to disturb you." still not looking above. you sighed, soon after turning it to small chuckles. you gave him a small pat, signaling him to raise his head. "c'mon we're going to be late, sai-kun." he tilted his head, kind of surprised with the nickname you gave him.

      "sai-kun?"

       "saionji-kun" you corrected, he nodded his head up and down. now it was his turn to give you a nickname. he giggled with his thoughts. making you look suspiciously at him and arch an eyebrow.

       "what's so funny?"

        he shrugged it off, shaking his head at you telling you its nothing. with you being stubborn, you kept bugging him. sooner or later, he gave up--he threw his hands in the air.

        "tomato-chan." he jokes as he rubs his shoulder into your side, with your cheeks flushed, you hit him playfully in the arm. "why tomato-chan?! i don't look like a tomato?" you argued as you keep hitting his arm. he then pinched your cheeks, making you yelp in pain. you became more flustered, realizing you're both giving each other nicknames.

       "your face is always red and your cheeks are round, see you're now tomato-chan." he laughed at his own words, looking over you glaring over to him.

        not knowing what other nicknames suitable for him, you poked out your tongue. "anyone who reaches down last gets to treat each other after class." you ran away from him. tip-toeing carefully to the stairs, one hand in the railings, eyes down on your feet.

         finally reaching the bottom floor, ukyo's hands were crossed in front of his chest. "how is that possible?" with your jaw dropping, you looked at him with a huge HOW DID YOU? face.

          "it's your treat, tomato-chan." he patted your head, jaw still dropping. he was totally ignoring your question. you groaned, "fine!"

         generally, you'd be fine with no one beside you. it wouldn't be bad to have someone beside me, i guess... you glanced at him, he was grinning like a child with the fact you're going to treat him after school.... his presence here, is so much better.

          who knew, i'd finally be beside someone i loved from the other side.

[a/n]

double update because i love all of you