―𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎―

[ 15 Minutes Prior ]

The pair of Marines were left with their booze before them , chattering over the sound of a funk classic both could remember from a time before ― turning their attention to the man cleaning glasses behind the bartop . Frank couldn't remember a sight that felt actually welcoming to those in uniform overseas , watching the elder gentleman dressed in a loose fitted shirt that reminded him of something from an old Starsky and Hutch show he used to watch when he was just a kid . Billy only slouched himself over the bartop a bit , noting the way he'd crack a quick joke to spark the old man to chuckle on his words . 

" You're lucky that Giovanni sent you boys my way . You're in good hands here , but if you break any of my shit , it's comin' outta both of your pockets . "

Turk only taunted in reply as he pull upward against the cap atop the Blue Moon bottle with a crack open , sliding it towards Billy who caught it against the slick surface with ease . Frank scoffed for a moment , seeing the way their bartender was ' good ' with people .

" We're lucky he showed us the way to a good time . Sure , we're bulldogs but we tend to end shit before it ever starts . "

Frank spoke with a more confident tone , watching as Turk lightly laughed with a nod of head in understanding . There was respect in his body language , turning fully to face Castle with a hand to pat against his chest .

" Let's hope shit doesn't start for you boys . Hate to see the other fellas on the other end of that fist of yours ... Frank you said right ? And , Billy ? "

Turk questioned the names to make sure he'd gotten them correct at their introductions before , leaving Frank to nod with a ghosted smirk residing on his brims as clubbed hand gripped the handle of his slick pint ― the condensation chilling his dry palms .

" Yessir , if any of these fella's give you or some of you patrons some shit , we Marines will put 'em in their place . "

Billy spoke up for the both of them with a wink in Castle's direction , hand planted with a firm notion on his broad shoulder ― leaving him only to nod in affirmation , for he couldn't deny that he'd not put an end to any issue they'd come across . Sometimes , it was as if they both were looking for the excuse to plant themselves in the middle of a good ole' brawl .

Suddenly , they both noted the drastic change in Turk's expression forming on his face ― gaze to be averted with the sounding of his tone to peak excitement to an arrival . Billy was the one to turn a bit , muttering under his breath low enough for Frank to hear any diction . 

" ʰᵒˡʸ ˢʰⁱᵗ . "

Frank raised a brow , only looking into his glass for a moment before taking rise of his chin to peer upon Billy who had the expression of a predator who had found his ideal prey . Could only mean one thing in Castle's mind ― leaving him to smirk at the rim of his pint with a mutter .

" Heh . Pretty thing , is she ? "

" 𝙁𝙪𝙘𝙠𝙞𝙣' 𝙝𝙤𝙩 . "

Frank rolled his hues for a moment to the way Billy seemed to drool with a sound of his voice more tailored in hints of greed and action , feeling the grip to the back of his own chair . 

 " MADANI ! PAGE ! Look at what the cat dragged in , just― jesus lawd have mercy child ... ! "

Sounding of names , yet the way Turk seemed to widen his hues ― voice being pulled out into the blend of bar-noise and patrons chattering around the pool tables . Castle found a strange rise of his shoulders to attention , tempted to peer inconspicuously over his shoulder as he heard a woman speak up ― feeling the tapping of digits against the seat that signified Billy's attention . In the least , Frank could make out the voice heard was that of the woman he had eyes on . She sounded in a slight sense of spunk , more suited to Billy's playful nature . Internally letting the wheels of his conscious reel with internal notion made . Perhaps she could be crazy enough to ' deal ' with that asshole of a brother he called his own .