H A T T E R

"Alright first year come with me, I'll show you to your dorms" Being a prefect, I was in charge of getting them to where they needed to be. "Come on keep up, there we go hurry up now." I heard another boy speak, perhaps another prefect. I show the girls their dorms and run back down to the common room to see Dean and Seamus. "Oh hey Seamus, Dean," I say as I sit down on the couch in front of the fireplace. "Hi there V'" Seamus says "Hey do you know where your twin is?" 

"Ron? Um... I don't know probably still down in the great hall. why?" I asked 

"Nothing just wanted to know where he got his timetables," Dean said

"Oh shit! I totally forgot about timetables. Do you think the other prefect will have them?" 

"Uh maybe" 

"K thanks, who's the other Gryffindor Perfect." I asked and they looked at each other worried. 

"it's Cormac,"  Dean mutters.

Shit. Of course, it had to be Cormac. I hadn't seen him since last winter, the git. Now I had to look like an idiot asking him to give me my timetables, cause I forgot. So stupid. 

 "Of course it is. Well anyways wish me luck, after tonight all my dignity is gone!" Seamus and Dean exchange looks, "V, the rumour isn't that bad," Seamus said, while Dean nodded "I mean cut him some slack, getting rejected is hard". 

"Not that bad?! I'd like you to go up to your 4 brothers giving you the death glare while trying to explain that you didn't sleep with a guy." I said, obviously frustrated. 

"At least he didn't say you were bad" Dean muttered with a raised brow. 

I scoffed and hit the back of his head, as I walked off. 

Of course, it had to be Cormac. I followed the voice from earlier, saying 'follow me. There he was, getting second years settled in before he gazed over to me. Jesus, I hate him. I walked up to him and his face was shocked that I was actually going to talk to him. "Mclaggen, I need the timetables for the first years." He just stared.

"Hello? Mclaggen, I need the timetables. I don't have time for this" 

"Oh sorry, just didn't think that you would ever talk to me again." He was still wide-eyed.

"Mmh well shocker, answer me please. Times ticking." I was annoyed.

"Sure..um here, I got them in case." He pulled out around 15 sheets with all the timetables for the first years, as well as hers. 

"Thanks" And with that, she took no time to walk away. 

"Hey! Weasley, wait up." He caught up to me, fuck.

"What do you want Cormac." 

"I just wanted to say sorry, y'know for last year. I was immature and stupid." I was shocked, took him long enough.

"It's a little too late for that," I say turning around again

"I know but I swear I'm sorry. I was a dick back then, I was only 15. Just forgive me, please. I don't want you to hate me for the rest of your life."

"Y'know Cormac, I get it. But, you should have said something before the whole school was calling me a slag. But unlike you, I am a good person so I forgive you." 

"Thank you. Um... So how about we start over? Hogsmead, on the weekend?" He sheepishly said. 

"Your crazy..." I turned the other way and walked back to the dorms. I could hear shouts of 'hey, Weasley' 'give me an answer'  from Cormac.

Who does he think he is. 

 3rd person POV 

Avery made her way back up to the common room. "Petunia Major" The fat lady let her in and she sighed sitting down on the couch closest to the door. 

"you look like crap" Ron came in and saw his twin lying down on the couch. "Thanks really appreciate it, Ronald."  He chuckled and nudged my feet off the couch so he could sit down next to me. "Whats up Vi. You're my twin I know somethings up." 

"I don't know, just things piling up." She put her feet on his lap. "How so?" He inquired. "Well, being Prefect is harder than I thought, and then Malfoy being a twat. Then Cormac apologized, which was great. But, after he asked me out again. What am I supposed to do with that!" She said resting her head on his shoulder. He put his arm around her making her feel safe. "Vi he's a right git and everyone knows it. I doubt anyone seriously listens to him, and if they do there git's too." 

"I know, I know. It just hurts, when everyone thinks of you that way." Avery said trying not to cry.

He pulls Avery in for a bone-crushing bear hug. "If people are that petty then there not worth your time. If they got to know you they would know your the best girl in the world." He said wiping a tear off her face. 

"Thanks, Ron" She sniffled. "Anyways, I should see what classes I have tomorrow." 

"Most of my classes are with you, look" He matched them and I saw that Harry, Ron, Hermione and Avery basically had every class together, so that was good. "Thank god" She sighed "Well, I'm going to bed, night Ron." 

"Night Vee." He hugged her one more time then  

-Time skip- DADA.

the whole group was in defence against the dark arts together, Hermione and Avery sat together, Harry and Ron sat together as well, just behind them.  

"Alastor Moody, Ex-Auror. Ministry Malcontent, and your new defence against the dark arts teacher. I am here because Dumbledore asked me, end of story, goodbye, the end. Any questions." Everyone just stared and stayed quiet in shock. "When it comes to the dark arts, I believe in a practical approach." Hermione looked at me and I could see the worry in her eyes. "But first, which one of you can tell me how many unforgivable curses there are?" 

"3 sir," Hermione said "And they are so named?" Moody asked. "Because they are unforgivable, the use of anyone of then will-" She got cut off by Professor Moody. "Will earn you a one-way ticket to Azkaban, correct!  Now the ministry says you are too young to see what these curses do, I say different! you need to know what you are up against! You need to be prepared, and you need to find another place to put your chewing gum beside the underside of your desk Mr. Finnigan!" 

Seamus's head shot up "No way. the old codger can see the back of his head." A few students laughed. But Professor Moody wasn't too happy about it. "And hear across classrooms!" He yelled while chucking a piece of chalk at Seamus. People in front of him ducked as the chalk flew across the room. 

"So which curse shall we see first?" ......

word count: 1167