Chapter 26: The Silver Palace

The Silver Palace was massive. Even after being forgotten and left to rot from before recorded history, it was still an imposing structure and its top disappeared into the dark clouds. Fatalis led them through the winding passageways to the top of the highest tower. He then called up the wind to push away the clouds obstructing their vision.

The entirety of Schrade could be seen from the highest tower. Chris looked up and noticed that Fatalis had only blown away the bottom layer of clouds. Above them were yet more clouds. The eclipse swirled ominously in the dark sky and seemed to stared down at them, like the eye of some eldritch god.

Now that he was up here, Chris spotted a flock of birds that were flying towards Schrade. Right when he thought that they were going to pass through the ruins, the flock circled around Schrade well before they could have reached the blue-and-black clouds hanging over the dead city. Even countless centuries after the curse of darkness had been cast upon Schrade, it hadn't faded at all.

Aviva's gaze swept across the whole city. Other than the eerie howling of the wind, this place was completely silent. The area of death stretched beyond even the city's borders, only stopping where the clouds did. A deathly chill hung in the air. This place was a wasteland.

Martin shuddered, uncomfortably with how quiet it was. "Wanna go explore the castle?"

"Sure. Comin'." Chris hurried after him. Aviva, Koki, and Jimmy soon followed.

"I'll be up here when you're ready to head home," called Fatalis.

They spent a little over half the day exploring the palace, getting lost in the dungeons, marveling at the throne room, examining strange instruments in the labs, while Koki worked on a map of the place.

At nightfall they ran back up to the highest tower and Fatalis flew them home.

Wild Kratts: Here Be Dragons (Wild Kratts X Monster Hunter)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें