prologue: June 21st

Start from the beginning

He lifted up the dead potted plant by their door, got the spare key, and unlocked the door.

"HEY DUDE ARE YOU STILL ASLEEP" Reki yelled, he knew his dad worked the night shift and wasn't home yet.

"HEY SLEEPY HEAD WAKE UP!!" He yelled as he ran through the house towards his room, "IM GONNA MAKE BREAKFAST FOR YOU YOU WONDERFUL MA-" he paused in front of the brown haired boy's bedroom door. There was a piece of notebook paper taped to it.

It read, "dear reki. Before reading this I want you to know that I love you so much and I'm so sorry I did this on our anniversary. I couldn't handle it anymore and I couldn't hide it any longer. Thank you for making my last day so wonderful and amazing. I'm sorry to leave you all alone but your so much stronger than me so I know you can make it alone. I lost my battle but I know you can win yours. All of the bruises were so hard to cover up and hide and I didn't want to tell you how bad it had gotten. I didn't want to live like this anymore. The only one who cares if I'm gone is you and you can easily live without me. I loved you so so so much and I hope you have a good rest of your life.

I wonder if we'll see eachother in the afterlife someday. Don't be afraid to move on from me, find someone else to love while you are still alive, I won't be mad.

Please don't go in my room, my dad took away the lock on my door. Just call the police instead and let them take care of it.

-the brown haired boy"

Reki stared at the words with his jaw dropped and his eyes watery. He went into the room, thinking maybe he was still alive, hopefully he failed and-

Reki paled as he saw the boy's body hanging from the ceiling fan, completely still. His skin was white and pasty and his brown hair covered his dead eyes. He gagged, vomiting into his hands, quickly leaving the room and finishing in the bathroom. The taste burnt his throat and remained sour on his tounge. His whole body was shaking. He was shocked.

He pulled out his phone and dialled 911, hiding behind the closed bedroom door, his voice was shaking with everything else in his body.

911 what's your emergency?

" My boyfriend commited suicide."

Tears started to roll down his face as he said those words. Before he knew it, he was sobbing, trying to communicate to the operator, who was trying to calm him down.

"Is there any chance he is still alive?" The operator asked.

"No. There isn't." Reki sobbed. The operator told him to stay on the line, and he did, but all he did was sob until people got there. The front door was unlocked and paramedics and police came in. One of the nurses was sat next to Reki, who was sobbing so hard he couldn't breath.

Reki covered his eyes as they took away the brown haired boy's body. The nurse took his phone and called his mom to pick him up.

He sobbed all the way home and didn't talk to anyone for the rest of the day. He didn't go to school that week. He pushed everyone away.

After a few weeks he decided to go out an skate, but it felt different. He went to the skate park closest to him, but nothing was working. He felt so sad and angry and he was letting it out through skating.

He missed a ramp and went sliding down on his side. He just laid there, he didn't feel like getting up. He knew he was gonna irritate someone or be in the way but he didn't give a shit anymore.

He heard some guy walk up next to him, he didn't move, accepting that he was gonna get kicked or yelled at. Instead, the stranger knelt down next to him, "hey. You okay?"

Reki nodded, he was curled up and his hands were over his head. He just stayed like that. "Then get up and try again." The stranger urged.

Reki didn't move, "I'm so tired of all this." The stranger tapped his shoulder, "what happened?"

Reki sat up looked at him with dull, tired eyes. His knees were scraped and bleeding. "Hey! Your that kid I had a beef with a few weeks ago! You beat my ass." The stranger said.

Reki looked at him, more or less emotionlessly, "yeah. Good race." The stranger frowned, "what happened? You're so good! Why are you so down?"

Reki stared at his shoes, picking at the aglet of his shoelace, "just some stuff. I guess. Mentally. I've been struggling a lot lately."

"Awe man. You wanna talk about it over some cigs?" He asked offering a hand up and out of the middle of the ramp, Reki took it, "sure."

They sat in a secluded area of a park, sitting on old creaky swings on a hazardous playground. Reki took a cigarette from the stranger, "how do you do it?"

The stranger demonstrated on his own cigarette, lighting the uncolored end and sticking the orange bit in his mouth. He breathed in and out, exhaling smoke. Reki copied and breathed in the smoke of the cigarette.

It felt nice, it was hard to explain. He felt relaxed and at ease. He felt a bit lightheaded and stopped the back and forth sway of his swing for a moment. His body felt light and tingly.

"Wow." Reki said, pulling the cigarette out of his mouth. The stranger laughed a bit, "yeah. They are pretty great."

Reki cracked a grin, "it feels nice. Like a release from everything." He took another inhale of the smoke, letting the tabacco taste run over his tounge, it wasn't too pleasant, but the lightheaded lift he felt was overpowering.

"Damn kid what happened?" The stranger asked. Reki ran his hand through his hair, "everything fell apart on June 21st."

-----

Heyo heyo it's the author here, this is probably gonna be a quick story that I'll finish up quickly. Ive got most of it planned out already :^)

Don't forget to vote if you enjoyed to boost the algorithm! ❤️