one

So I recently changed my mind on who would be the main character, Kiley. I chose Jessica Richens. She is from season 11 of So You Think You Can Dance, and she's so beautiful. I put a picture of her next to a picture of Niall and I thought they looked perfect together. Some of you might have read the cast and info part before I changed it to her. But for those of you, Danielle Campbell is no longer Kiley. :) You can check out Jessica's instagram: @jessicarichens Enjoy the first part!!

I put on my black uniform and did my hair in a messy braid. I put on some makeup just in case I had to serve somebody I knew and then I was out the door and in my car.

I had the late night shift at Starbucks tonight, which sucks because no one comes in on Monday nights and it is literally the most boring thing ever.

I've been working here for at least a year now, and it pays well so why not? When I got into the shop, only one other girl was still working, but she was cleaning up in the back. She knew as well that barely anyone would come in.

I put on my apron and sat in front of the counter. To my surprise, a couple customers did come in during the first hour.

"Can you lock up, Kiley?" The other worker, Olivia called out, "I have a huge test I haven't even started studying for, tomorrow." She said.

"Yeah, go ahead." I smiled at her. I got along well with her, we've both been stuck with late shifts together a lot so we had to entertain ourselves and we got to know each other. She handed me the keys and I put them in my pocket before saying goodbye.

When she left I was the only person left in the place. It was actually a little creepy, but I was thankful that I lived in a pretty good area so I didn't have to worry about anything major happening.

I took out my phone and texted my friend, Joey, because he works at a cafe down the road and knows my pain.

I almost dropped my phone when someone cleared their throat in front of me. Never mind, I did drop it, But it didn't crack so everything was fine.

"Oh, sorry I didn't even notice you there." I said, leaning down the pick up my phone.

"It's alright, love." An Irish accent spoke in front of me.

"Irish huh? We don't find many of those in Calif- Oh wow you're Niall Horan." I said, once I stood up and saw him. I wasn't even really a fan but it still caught me off guard and I felt a little nervous around him.

He chuckled a bit, "Yeah I know. I always say Irish terms around here and no one understands."

"Like what?" I said, smiling.

"Like every cock grows boldly in its own farmyard."

"What the fuck?"

"Exactly." He said, cracking up. I started laughing too, because his laugh was so funny and he was cracking himself up.

"What can I get for you?" I asked, picking up the marker.

"A grande black coffee and your number." He said, nonchalantly pulling out his wallet, like he didn't say anything out of the blue. My hand froze on top of the pile of grande cups.

He looked up, amused. "What?"

"Well for one thing, black coffee is gross." I said, causing him to giggle again. "And second, you just asked me for my number." I said.

"Yeah I'm aware of that." He said.

I just looked at him, trying to get a read on him. He laughed at me, "What, do you think I'm joking?"

"Yeah a little." I said, slowly picking up the cup and writing my number on it, carefully.

"Just because I'm famous doesn't mean I can't have good taste in girls." He said.

I almost blushed so I turned around to pour his coffee. I put a lid on in and slid it over to him, "Here try to enjoy this." I said, scrunching up my nose and still not understanding why he wanted black coffee...or my number.

He examined the number, "This isn't a fake number, right?"

"Why would I give you that?"

He shrugged, "It's happened before. I think she thought I was a bit too straightforward." He said in disbelief.

"Yeah you kind of are." I said, laughing a little.

"It's not fair that you know my name and I don't know yours." He asked.

"It's also not fair that you make millions of dollars without sitting here on Monday nights, all alone." I teased him.

"Oh come on, just tell me your name." He said, smiling.

"Kiley." I answered him.

"Kiley what? Come on, I need to have a way to google you." He winked.

"You need to work on not being so straightforward." I said. "And it's Kiley Reed, by the way. You won't find much about me."

"Good to know." He smirked slightly, and it caused me to smile.

"And by the way if I broke my phone you would be paying for it."

"You're the one texting on the job." He smirked.

"What job?" I said, motioning around to the empty place.

"Good point. Which is why," He came behind the counter, "I am going to stay here until you have to close up." He said, smiling innocently.

"Why would you want to do that? This is an hour of your life that you will never get back."

"But I'm spending it with a beautiful and funny girl aren't I?" He said.

"Oh really? Where is she?" I said, looking around. He laughed at me and I thought it was cute that he thought everything was hilarious.

"She is you, and you are going to teach me how to make stuff on this menu." He said, reading it. "Ooh can we do frappuchinos first?" he said, excitedly.

"How old are you?" I asked.

"21, why?" He said, smiling brightly.

"I don't know, you seem younger." I said, laughing.

"I get that a lot." He smirked.

"What about you?" He asked, smiling at me.

"18." I answered.

"Oh you seem older." He said, causing me to laugh and shake my head at him as he watched me make his favorite frappuchino.

I finished it and then put a lid on it, "There now you know." I smiled at him.

"No not really but oh well." He said, realizing he wasn't really paying attention very well.

"You can take it home with you." I said, picking up one of the cup holders with four slots and putting it in.

"Shit, I need to get going, okay?" He said, looking down at his phone as it buzzed.

"Yeah that's fine." I smiled, trying to hide the disappointment.

"It was really great meeting you. I'll text you later, Kiley." He said, walking backwards, towards the door.

"You too Niall." I said, right before he left. I sighed to myself because I was alone again. I cleaned up the last two things and then just watched the clock, because I'm not allowed to actually leave until closing time.

It was finally time and I ran out the door, locking it behind me.

And I realized it was my first time leaving work with a smile on my face.

I am so excited for this fan fiction! What about you guys?

Keep reading, commenting, and voting!

-megan