Our Family

I carry the last bin into the house and shut the front door, cate and I decided to leave the bins in the lobby and organize their items in the morning. I take my dirty shoes off and walk to the kitchen. "Genevieve is on her way with the kids" cate says cheerfully and places her phone face down on the kitchen island.

"So that gives us about 20 minutes" I say with a grin and walk towards her, swaying my hips as sexily as I possibly can.

"Yes but not for what you want to do" cate chuckles and turns toward the oven.

"Why not" I pout and hug her from behind, I rest my cheek against the soft fabric of her blouse, wishing it was her bare skin.

"My needy, needy girl" she chuckles and turns on the stove, she grabs a pan and pours some oil on its smooth surface, I cling onto her the entire time. "It's hard to cook when you're clinging onto me" cate jokes and puts her hands over mine.

"Than don't cook" I whisper "I just want to be close to you". Cate starts swaying her beautiful body side to side lightly.

"I know honey, but we will cuddle tonight" she tells me and pats my hand twice.

"Okay" I huff and let go of her, I lean myself against the hard surface of the kitchen counter and watch cate. She can tell that I'm disappointed. She lifts my chin up with her finger and welcomes her eyes to mine, she pushes our lips together for a split second and then pulls away, leaving me wanting more.

"I love you sunshine" she smiles and brings her focus back to cooking.

"I love you too" I say before bringing myself onto my tiptoes and gently kissing her soft cheek.
I walk out of the kitchen and head upstairs, cate and I already prepared the other kids rooms, the only one left is Edith's.

I enter the pastel pink painted room and start making the bed, the bedspread is white with polka dots of pink. Once the bed is made I turn on the lamp, who's shade is covered in decoration ladybugs.
I close the blackout curtains and fix up any last aspect of the room.

I exit the pink drenched room into the modernly decorated hallway, the children's bedroom are on the east wing of the house where mine and Cates room is west. I head towards my room, my feet thumb against the cold hardwood floor and cate exclaims curse words as she fails at making dinner. I chuckle at her and continue to the bedroom.

Once in, I quickly fix up the bed cate and I failed to make this morning and close the curtains that cover the huge wall of windows that face out to the backyard. I hear a car pull in front of the house and then Cates voice murmuring to herself as pots clang in the kitchen.

The front door opens and then the cheerful voice of Edith echoes through the quiet house, "mommy, mama I'm home" she calls out for cate and me. My heart melts at her adorableness and I head for the kitchen. Edith squeals and then jumps into the arms of cate.

"Oh I missed you" cate exclaims and holds her tight, I quickly rush down the stairs, Edith doesn't see me but the other children do, I put my finger over my lips indicating them not to say anything, cate spots me and stays quiet.

"Where's mama" Edith asks, I can't help but smile, cate looks at me and gives me a grin. I sneak up to Edith and tickle her tummy.

"Here I am" I laugh, she giggles and squirms in cates arms.

"NO NO Y/N STOP" she stifles in laughter.

"Y/N stop torturing the child" cate pauses "that's my job" she exclaims and starts to attack Edith with tickles.

"NO PLEASE MAMA NO" she begs, cate laughs and puts her down, Edith huffs and crosses her arms.

"Not cool guys" she says in a cute high pitched voice, cate and I try to keep a straight face but end up laughing as Edith tries to contain hers.