Chapter 8

Raya stared at Namaari from behind, pouting that the latter wasn't paying much, if not any, attention to her. The two were with their families now, on their way to the docks so it was understandable, but the Princess was still getting impatient. Was Namaari not going to turn around? Say goodbye? She was to leave for Dragons know how long. Raya was already missing her terribly. Did Namaari not feel the same way?! Raya shook her head. Nope, the Princess was definitely going to miss her too but why was Namaari acting this distant? It was their last chance to get any kind of closure.

Raya sighed and cursed in her head, almost running towards Namaari who sensed the Princess approach. She turned around, a soft smile appearing at the edge of her lips. Raya narrowed her brows and grabbed Namaari's arm, forcing her to follow after her. Namaari raised her brows in shock. "Raya, where are we going?!" The Princess didn't answer and didn't intend to slow down either. She walked until they reached a small gate, the fence barely half the height of Namaari. Raya quietly led the Princess inside, locking the door behind them. Namaari then noticed a wooden bridge that led to an overblooming garden which was untouched by the Druun thanks to the artificial river around it. Her gaze shifted back to Raya who was still refusing to say a thing.

The Princess suddenly froze and turned around. "Were you not going to say goodbye?" She asked. Namaari closed her eyes in embarrassment and then anxiously looked away. "Really?" Raya scoffed.

"I couldn't..." Namaari whispered. "I thought I would be stronger, Raya... But I couldn't keep myself away from you the whole time back in the Palace and... How could I say goodbye?... I didn't want to say goodbye." She then looked at the Princess. "Just the thought of this... It was too excruciating." The expression on Raya's face immediately softened. She knew how Namaari felt. Because the Princess felt the exact same way. She didn't want to say goodbye because it would've meant that Raya was accepting that, as a reality. But it was a reality. And she had to live in it. The least the Princess could do, was to enjoy the little time they had left together. "Now that I've said it out loud, I understand how selfish that was. I'm sorry." Namaari shut her eyes even firmer.

"Hey..." Raya whispered and gently grabbed the Princess's chin, making her look at her. "It's okay." Namaari's cheeks started to redden when Raya's gaze fell on her face. "But you can say goodbye now... a proper one, this time." She then bit her bottom lip and caressed Namaari's with her thumb. The Princess's breath hitched and her head instinctively moved towards Raya's, getting embraced by the latter. Raya firmly pressed her body against Namaari's and made her take a few steps back until the Princess hit a tree behind her. She grunted and glanced at her girlfriend who simply smirked, her eyes playfully dancing on Namaari's face. Raya kissed Namaari again, now significantly more desperately than before. She needed to show Namaari how much the Princess loved her, therefore, would miss her. She needed this for herself too so Raya could remind herself how much she loved Namaari, when she couldn't be with her. Namaari immediately felt the desperation in the last kiss and refused to let go. She wrapped her arms around Raya and pulled her even closer if that was even possible in that moment.

The Princess moaned under the anticipated touch and moved her hands down, her left one firmly grabbing Namaari's neck. She slowly tilted her head, gradually letting Raya take control. The smirk on Raya's face only grew wider and her right hand started to dare around Namaari's golden belt. Namaari let out a sharp moan and tried to resist the temptation.

"Raya... No... I'm going to be late?" She whispered in between the breaths, the Princess's warm lips burning her neck, Raya's soft hands melting her skin. "Raya..."

"Is that a statement, Dep La?" The Princess whispered back in a manner that made Namaari lose the little of what was left of her self-control. She then herself helped Raya take off her shirt, harshly tossing it to the side.

***

Raya and Namaari immediately rushed towards the docks after. She wasn't that late but the Princess wasn't that early either. She was mostly absent during the final announcements which didn't carry much of an importance to her because the Princess definitely had better alternatives. Namaari then quietly stood next to the Chief and avoided her gaze.

"Where have you been, my little Morning Mist?" Chief Virana whispered in a calm manner and continued to oversee the final preparations for their departure to Fang. "Did my company bore you that much?"

"No. Of course not, Mother." Namaari blushed under the thoughts. "Raya and I had some things to work though." She nervously bit her bottom lip, still refusing to glance at the Chief.

"Yes?!" She nodded and turned to the Princess. "Did you do it?" Chief Virana now raised her brow.

"D-Do what?!" Namaari stuttered, her cheeks reddening even more.

"Work things through?" The Chief had to specify because, apparently, Namaari got the wrong idea.

"Y-Yes. Of course." She nodded, feeling the weight of the world being lifted off her shoulders. "I would never do anything to jeopardize Fang's future and right now, we need allies more than ever." Namaari was mumbling at this point, then she finally stopped being suspicious and summarized. "I worked things through with Raya."

"Okay. Good."

Meanwhile, Raya stood next to her Ba and her family, a wide grin plastered across her entire face. The Chief glanced at the Princess and raised his brow but chose not to say anything.

"You know, Dragons can sm-"

"Not another word, Sisu." Raya nudged the Dragon and continued to linger over Namaari.