Chapter 5

Namaari got out of bed long before Raya. It was almost like a habit of hers to wake up precisely at sunrise. She used to have lots of chores, lessons, duties in the Palace back in Fang. And the habit kind of stuck even after Namaari went outside of it to find Raya. The Princess didn't like to dream either. She used to have these nightmares of Druun breaking free, over and over again. The Dragon Gem shattering, over and over again. The less Namaari dreamt, the less she had to see any of those things. But this night was different. She didn't dream at all. The Princess enjoyed Raya's company instead. They talked about pretty much everything. And they definitely did more than that. Namaari glanced at Raya who was sleeping soundly. The Princess wondered when was the last time Raya felt this at ease. She had to constantly live on the road, search every river's end in order to find Sisu. And it was because of Namaari.

NO. NO. NO. NO. NO.

Raya and Namaari were trying to move past that. The Princess of Fang shouldn't have reminded herself and her girlfriend their history if they wanted to eventually leave it behind. They were working through it. Not repeating it. Or repeating it to themselves.

Namaari stared at the mirror that was in front of Raya's bed. She noticed the Princess shift in her sleep and afraid that Namaari could accidentally wake her, carefully stood up and tiptoed towards the mirror where she began to pin her hair to the right so her side shave was visible.

"Allow me to help, Princess." Namaari almost jumped from fright. She was so concentrated on doing her hair that the Princess of Fang didn't hear Raya approach. Namaari quickly shifted her gaze from the mirror to Raya but immediately turned it back to herself, blushing.

"I've got this." She answered, suddenly feeling Raya wrap her arms around her from behind. "You too need to take a bath and get dressed, Princess." Namaari's cheeks started to redden because the Princess kept pressing her bare body against her back. "Raya?!" She then asked nervously.

"But I don't want to." Raya complained, placing her chin on Namaari's shoulder. "I want to stay here." She whispered with a raspy voice that sent shivers up Namaari's body. "With you." The Princess tightened her grip around Namaari and began to plant kisses on her neck. Namaari exhaled sharply, closing her eyes and tilted her head to the side, exposing her neck even more. Raya smirked, firmly pressing her lips against Namaari's soft skin. The Princess moaned and noticed Raya's hands dance around the corners of her white shirt shortly after.

"No, Raya." Namaari tried to resist. "We are going to be late."

"If you are going to be late, maybe they will leave without you." Raya whispered, turning Namaari around and leading her towards the bed. Namaari shook her head in disbelief. Raya kept kissing her and didn't leave the Princess any other choice but to submit to Raya's subtle commands. She laid down on the bed, pulling Namaari's collar so the Princess had to follow after her. Namaari carefully pinned Raya under her, passionately kissing her lips and gradually moving down to her neck. Raya smiled, running her fingers through Namaari's soft hair.

"Are you in there, Dewdrop?" Chief Benja quietly knocked on the door that wasn't locked so it kind of moved forward by itself. Raya immediately hid behind Namaari's back, covering herself with sheets and the latter defensively stretched herself in front of the Princess. The Chief's eyes widened in shock. "Nope. I didn't see anything." He mumbled to himself and turned around, quickly closing the door behind him. Raya and Namaari glanced at each other nervously.

"What are we, Raya? I mean, outside of this room." Namaari asked, avoiding the Princess's gaze. "I need to know so we can be on the same page about this."

"I dunno." Raya smirked, still continuing to play with Namaari's hair. "We're kinda. Sorta. Maybe... Dating? And I believe there is no going back now. Gotta explain this to Ba. Somehow."

"Is it wise for us to date?" Namaari turned to Raya who raised her brows in confusion. "I mean I want to date you, Raya. But we're both future Chiefs of Heart and Fang, the two of the most influential Lands in Kumandra. If there is a chance that our Lands unite, we can become a force that might intimidate others. And if they knew about us, they might not want to help us rebuild our Lands, now." Raya slowly nodded but deeply, the Princess was refusing to accept this idea as the most likely scenario that was actually going to happen in the future.

"So what are you suggesting, Namaari?" She asked and distanced herself from the Princess a bit.

"I think we should keep this, whatever this is, a secret and only make it official when the time's right." Namaari answered, shrugging her shoulders. "I truly believe, it's the only right thing to do for both Fang and Heart."

"But is it the right thing to do for us?!" The Princess now crossed her arms. "I've suffered because of our Lands' foolish feuds long enough and I'm so done letting them control me. You're asking me to give up on us so that Kumandra can be what? Reunited again?! Because that's already happening, Namaari."

"I'm not asking you to give up on us, Raya. I'm only suggesting that as future Chiefs, we think about our Lands' future too. And our responsibilities to our people have to come first. You think those feuds were foolish? It led the Lands to break the world. If they see Heart and Fang as a threat? Forget Kumandra. Forget peace. We will be stuck in meaningless wars... Forever. Do you want that for Heart? Because I sure don't want that for Fang." Namaari then grabbed the Princess's hands. "I want us, Raya, but if this is going to happen, I'm in as long as it doesn't start to affect Fang."

"Okay..." Raya sighed, carefully debating on what the Princess would say next. "You're right, Namaari. Our Lands have to come first. But that doesn't mean, we can't have this too. As you've said before, we will make it official when the time's right. And until then, we hide it." Raya rested her head on the Princess's shoulder. "I really want to be with you, Namaari."

"I know, Dep La." Namaari whispered and kissed Raya's hands. "Me too."

THE END.

A/N. Okay, it's not 'THE END', because I'm planning to add more to the story only if you are interested to read it, of course. It's just, I'm working really hard to make my Youtube Channel work and I'm currently editing more videos for later use but I want to write this too. I'm torn because I honestly don't know whether or not I should concentrate on this story. Many of you have read it but haven't really voted or commented so I have no idea, is it good? Is it bad? Let me know what you think because it's the only reason I'm doing this. Besides that I love writing. And that I love Raya and Namaari.