Chapter 2

Raya was being greeted with much respect in Heart. It was her and the others who restored the Dragon Gem and banished the Druun, after all. But the Princess couldn't find a reason to celebrate a thing... She could never see herself as a hero. Raya was being selfish again and only accidentally ended up saving the world. It was the others who pushed the Princess to her limits and made her care about them, about Kumandra. They should've been the ones who were being celebrated the most. Not her. She didn't deserve it. Any of it.

Raya returned to Heart for her own selfish reasons once more. She wanted to see Namaari. She needed to see Namaari. The Princess felt like her heart was about to break out, burst out from her chest and find Namaari on its own. Raya was suddenly turned into a child again. And seeing the Princess of Fang felt like seeing her for the first time.

Boun was the first to notice Raya enter the Palace. He immediately ran to her and hugged her. The Princess couldn't help but smile at the sudden embrace. She didn't like children much and didn't think of ever having one of her own, but Raya saw Boun as her little brother whom she cared for very dearly. She then kneeled down and properly hugged him back.

Tong and Noi also came to the Princess, followed by the Ongis who chose Raya over eating congee that they usually crave so much. Raya's smile only widened, seeing the people whom she loved, admire her for who she was. That made her feel a lot better about herself. And... Maybe. Just Maybe... That meant that Raya wasn't such a bad person she always thought she was.

Boun said something to the Princess but she wasn't really listening as Raya was scanning the area, searching for Namaari. He then grabbed Raya's hand and led her towards the table where their family members were seated. She tried her best to hide the immense disappointment after finding out that the Princess of Fang wasn't there, but smiled anyway, charmingly introducing herself to them. In return, they introduced themselves to Raya.

***

Namaari entered the area, General Atitaya following shortly after. They walked towards the table where the Chiefs were discussing matters of great importance, or so Raya assumed. The Princess could also see her Ba sit next to them, busy explaining something to others to notice his daughter's existence. Raya sighed and shifted her gaze towards Namaari, who sat down next to the General and Chief Virana. She nodded, glancing at Atitaya who blushed and awkwardly looked away from Namaari. Raya raised her brow at the sight. Some odd feeling that definitely wasn't anger, began to fill her stomach, her heart. Was the Princess jealous? No. Why would she be?!

Namaari suddenly noticed Raya sit next to the bunch and smiled, waving at the Princess of Heart from the distance. Raya's heart fluttered. But the Princess quickly remembered Atitaya blush because of Namaari. She crossed her arms in anger and stared at the Princess of Fang who then narrowed her brows, trying to figure out the reason behind Raya's strange behavior. Was it something she did? Because it possibly couldn't have been something she said. Namaari didn't say anything. She didn't have a chance to say anything.

General Atitaya nudged Namaari under the table, indicating that she was aware the Princess hadn't been paying much attention to them. Namaari blinked a few times before forcing herself to join the conversation, still failing to fully devote herself to the cause.

Raya quickly stood up and excused herself from the feast. She didn't feel like celebrating before but seeing Namaari and General Atitaya sit there, acting like a married couple, really hit the last nerve. She now hated this feast. And the last thing she wanted, was to be anywhere near it. "Tuk Tuk. Roll." Raya ordered her Buddy who finally got to enjoy his meal. Tuk Tuk complained at first but did obey the Princess. Eventually.