Chapter 1

Italic scenes are entries in Kurogiri's diary, because of all the League, he's one of the few who have seen it all! This note applies for the entire fic.

Sensei picked up a new kid today. Fourteen. Quirkless. I got a room ready for him and have already adjusted the bar's shipping manifest. Going to need more juice and milk now with a minor here, though Sensei says he won't be here for long.

Sensei seemed to be expecting him. All for One doesn't have many tells but when things go exactly the way he planned, there's a small smile on his face of satisfaction. He wants this kid for something. Something different than what he has planned for Tomura. The kid isn't fighting though, not screaming. He seems slightly wary and uncertain, and a bit sad but not afraid, so he's here because he wants to be. That's good, though I shouldn't be surprised. The kid's here, which means he's not some experiment, he's not meant to become a Noumu.

Tomura disintegrated two controllers when the kid came in. Sensei talked to him about something and that settled him. I hope the new kid isn't as high maintenance.

-afop-

Detective Naomasa Tsukauchi looked at the class. Their teacher had introduced him and they were somewhat quiet in his presence and a few of them looked at the desk that was empty. He knew who that desk belonged to. Izuku Midoriya. Age 14, quirkless.

The current theory was that he'd run away but his mother insisted that he wouldn't. Except all parents did that. Even so it was the main theory, though currently even the Chief had to admit he didn't know why. Routine investigation into Midoriya's home life indicated no reason there. His mother was genuinely distraught at his disappearance. Tsukauchi knew that was the case. She had no idea why he would run away and she genuinely believed he hadn't.

So that's why he was here, looking over the class. If it wasn't home life, then maybe there was a reason here Midoriya had run away. He wished he could talk to them one to one, then he'd be able to know if they were telling the truth but there just wasn't enough time and with no ransom note and no other information...

"As you are aware, your classmate has gone missing," he started. They were all aware of that. "It is important for you to come forward if you know anything about that," he continued. These weren't primary school children. They were 14, almost 15, they knew what missing meant. He didn't have to take it quite as softly as he would have if they were younger.

There was a snort from the back. Tsukauchi felt his eyes shift to the speaker. He was blond and it looked as if the scowl was a permanent feature. "What's Deku done now?" The brat demanded.

Naomasa resisted the urge to sigh. He assumed Deku was some kind of nick name, though with the way the kid said it, it didn't sound as if it was one of friendship. "Izuku Midoriya has gone missing," he said, as if talking to a kid far younger than the one here, though his mind was analysing the situation. There was nothing at home to cause Izuku to run but maybe there was something there. He cast an eye at the teacher. The man didn't appear surprised at the attitude, so this was normal.

The boy rolled his eyes. "Attention grabber," he muttered.

"Do you know anything?" Naomasa pressed.

"As if I'd know anything! Deku will show up in a few days. He just wants the attention."

"That may be," Tsukauchi replied, "but we are looking for him now." He cast his eyes over the rest of the glass. "If any of you know anything, I ask you to tell me."

Silence greeted his request. He figured he wasn't going to get anything this way. "If not me, then tell your teacher who can pass the information on to me," he added.