now playing: we are young

*song does not belong to me*

-----

give me a second i... i need to get my story straight. my friends are in the bathroom getting higher than the empire state

john had left to go grab his zippo from the car, just in case he needed it. bobby and marie had gone off somewhere doing god knows what. that left you alone, your drink the only thing keeping you company.

my lover, she's waiting for me. just across the bar. my seat's been taken by some sunglasses, asking 'bout a scar

john walked back into the building to find some guy chatting you up. he felt a pang of guilt as he heard the topic at hand. the man was asking about the burn that covered your wrist. you rubbed at it self consciously.

i know i gave it to you months ago, i know you're trying to forget. but between the drinks and subtle things, the holes in my apologies... you know i'm tryin' hard to take it back. so if by the time the bar closes, and you feel like falling down, i'll carry you home

john was never the best boyfriend. he knew that. everyone knew that. but he did try. he loved you more than anything. so no matter how many fucked up things he had done, he would be there for you, and you would be there for him.
"excuse me." john had walked up to the two of you. the man looked up at him, raising his eyebrows at the sight of the boy.
"you need something?" the man asked, glaring at john.
"you're in my seat." john responded flatly.
"and what are you gonna do about it?" he laughed, a smirk gracing his face.
"you don't want to find out." john was just about ready to snap, already fed up with the man. you put your hand on his back to calm him down.
"you should leave. before i make you." the man scoffed and backed away, probably off to find some other girl to flirt with.
"are you okay?" you asked john, a sincere look on your face. you laced your fingers with his, the gesture made him melt. you had always been so good to him. your soft and caring personality paired with his tough demeanor was beyond believable, many people back at the academy were amazed when you announced your relationship with john. they didn't understand how you could put up with the hothead all the time.
"i'm sorry..." he muttered. you frowned.
"john, how many times do i have to tell you that i forgive you? it was in the past, you can forget about it." you reassured him, cupping his cheek. he want quiet after that, not wanting to argue with you. you placed a kiss to his lips.
"i don't deserve you..." john smiled.
"yes, you do. you deserve the world and more, lover boy."

tonight, we are young. so let's set the world on fire, we can burn brighter than the sun. now i know that i'm not all that you got. i guess that i... i just thought maybe we could find a way to fall apart. but our friends are back! so let's raise a tab! 'cause i found someone to carry me home

sooner or later, bobby and marie came back. the four of you left the bar area and found a booth to sit in. bobby and rogue had ordered practically half of the menu. you spent the rest of the time drinking and laughing, having a great time. it was nice to get a break from all the intense training you were doing. after your meal you parted ways, rogue had just moved into her new apartment and bobby would be spending the night there. john and you decided to just drive for a while, wanting to make the most of your alone time together.
the next thirty minutes were pure bliss, the two of you were singing along to the radio and making jokes. you were too drunk to think straight. it was fun until you sobered up, then the sleepiness hit you like a wave. you rested your head on john's shoulder. he glanced down at you as you dozed off. the moon illuminated your features, making your face glow. you looked ethereal. it was then that he knew everything would be alright, as long as you were by his side.

so if by the time the bar closes, and you feel like falling down, i'll carry you home tonight.